Hoppity ho! Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ first holiday event is here! Bunny Day 2020 is turning more into Bunny Nearly Two Weeks Celebration, but you’ll need the entire duration to earn the holiday’s complete furniture set. The entire event runs from April 1st, 2020 to April 12th, 2020, but the actual day — Bunny Day — will be on April 12th.
It’s true that the event went live on April 1st at 12:01 a.m., Zipper won’t appear until 5 a.m. Signaling the start of a new day, the morning’s announcements will touch on the upcoming holiday.
Bunny Day host Zipper T. Bunny
After exiting your home, Zipper will be roaming around town. Find him and he’ll tell you all about Bunny Day. This version of the long-running Animal Crossing event is using New Horizons’ crafting system, so Zipper will be kind enough to get you started by giving you a Bunny Day recipe. Zipper will also explain what items you’ll need to collect to craft the Bunny Day line of recipes, and those are eggs.
How to collect eggs
Welcome to a big crafting egg hunt. The Bunny Day event features six kinds of eggs that players can find by different means. The only stipulation is that you won’t find them inside; this is an outdoor-only event. Here’s how to get all the eggs:
- Earth Egg: Grab a shovel and dig where “X” marks the spot.
- Stone Egg: Hit a rock and they might just pop out alongside clay, iron, stone, and golden nuggets.
- Leaf Egg: These come in a trio, as they grow on trees!
- Wood Egg: It’s chopping time. Take any kind of axe to a tree and they’ll pop out alongside wood, hardwood, and softwood. Using a regular “Axe” will cut the tree down after three strikes, so watch out!
- Sky Egg: Grab your slingshot and start looking for colorful striped balloons floating through the sky. Is it a recipe or an egg? You’ll find out once you pop the balloon.
- Water Egg: These eggs can only be found in bodies of water, so whip out your fishing rod and hope for the best. Is it a Sea Bass or an egg (please be an egg)?
Egg-hunting on Nook Miles islands
Looking for more crafting resources? With a Nook Miles Ticket and a booking with Dodo Airlines, you have the chance to find the following eggs on an island far, far away: earth, stone, leaf, wood, and water.
How to find more Bunny Day recipes
You’re only given one recipe from Zipper to start with. More have been hidden and you can find them via the following ways:
- Bunny Day Balloons: Look for the colorful striped balloons flying by. Instead of Sky Egg falling, a standard present will. Open it up and you’ll find a recipe inside!
- Bunny Day Message Bottles: Washed ashore, the standard message bottles will have a colorful striped pattern to them. Crack it open and you’ll find a letter and recipe from Zipper inside.
- A Bolt of Inspiration: Collect enough eggs and your villager might get an “Ah-ha!” moment. An eggs-over-easy way of getting some new recipes.
- Gifts from Neighbors: One of your villagers may suddenly call out your name and have an exclamation mark (!) appear above their head. Go talk to them and you might receive a recipe from them!
Note: Yes, you can get duplicates of recipes. That just means it is time to share/trade with friends!
Bunny Day recipe list
Here’s a work-in-progress list of all the Bunny Day recipes we’ve discovered so far!
|Recipe||Ingredient #1||Ingredient #2||Ingredient #3||Ingredient #4||Ingredient #5||Ingredient #6|
|Bunny Day arch||2 earth eggs||2 stone eggs||2 leaf eggs||2 wood eggs||2 sky eggs||2 water eggs|
|Bunny Day bag||1 earth egg||1 stone egg||1 leaf egg||1 wood egg||1 sky egg||1 water egg|
|Bunny Day bed||1 earth egg||1 stone egg||1 leaf egg||1 wood egg||1 sky egg||1 water egg|
|Bunny Day crown||1 earth egg||1 stone egg||1 leaf egg||1 wood egg||1 sky egg||1 water egg|
|Bunny Day fence||1 earth egg||1 stone egg||1 leaf egg||1 wood egg||1 sky egg||1 water egg|
|Bunny Day festive balloons||1 stone egg||1 wood egg||1 water egg|
|Bunny Day flooring||2 earth eggs||2 stone eggs||2 leaf eggs||2 wood eggs||2 sky eggs||2 water eggs|
|Bunny Day glowy garland||1 earth egg||1 stone egg||1 leaf egg||1 wood egg||1 sky egg||1 water egg|
|Bunny Day lamp||4 wood eggs|
|Bunny Day merry balloons||1 earth egg||1 leaf egg||1 sky egg|
|Bunny Day rug||1 earth egg||1 stone egg||1 leaf egg||1 wood egg||1 sky egg||1 water egg|
|Bunny Day stool||3 water eggs|
|Bunny Day table||4 earth eggs|
|Bunny Day vanity||4 leaf eggs|
|Bunny Day wall||2 earth eggs||2 stone eggs||2 leaf eggs||2 wood eggs||2 sky eggs||2 water eggs|
|Bunny Day wardrobe||4 stone eggs|
|Bunny Day wall clock||3 sky eggs|
|Bunny Day wreath||1 earth egg||1 stone egg||1 leaf egg||1 wood egg||1 sky egg||1 water egg|
|Earth-egg shell||2 earth eggs|
|Earth-egg outfit||3 earth eggs|
|Earth-egg shoes||2 earth eggs|
|Leaf-egg shell||2 leaf eggs|
|Leaf-egg outfit||3 leaf eggs|
|Leaf-egg shoes||2 leaf eggs|
|Sky-egg shell||2 sky eggs|
|Sky-egg outfit||3 sky eggs|
|Sky-egg shoes||2 sky eggs|
|Stone-egg shell||2 stone eggs|
|Stone-egg outfit||3 stone eggs|
|Stone-egg shoes||2 stone eggs|
|Water-egg shell||2 water eggs|
|Water-egg outfit||3 water eggs|
|Water-egg shoes||2 water eggs|
|Wood-egg shell||2 wood eggs|
|Wood-egg outfit||3 wood eggs|
|Wood-egg shoes||2 wood eggs|
|Egg party hat||2 earth eggs||2 stone eggs||2 leaf eggs||2 wood eggs||2 sky eggs||2 water eggs|
|Egg party dress||3 earth eggs||3 stone eggs||3 leaf eggs||3 wood eggs||3 sky eggs||3 water eggs|
|Wobbling Zipper toy||4 earth eggs||4 stone eggs||4 leaf eggs||4 wood eggs||4 sky eggs||4 water eggs|
|Bunny Day wand||1 Wobbling Zipper toy||3 star fragments|
Bunny Day is on April 12th
Zipper will return on April 12th. If you’ve crafted the entire Bunny Day collection by then, you’ll receive another surprise!
Now get to it! Those eggs won’t find themselves and you can hunt for them in the comfort of your own home.
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides
Looking for more help with Animal Crossing: New Horizons? Check out our other guides!