Furfrou is here in the world of Pokémon GO! Debuting during September 2021’s Fashion Week event, Furfrou’s arrival also brings a new feature to the game – changing forms. This Kalos Pokémon and its various Trims are all available in Pokémon GO, but some fashionable styles are region exclusives or have certain requirements. Looking to add a pack of fashionable Furfrou to your Pokémon GO collection? Here’s everything you need to make it happen!
Where can I catch Furfrou in Pokémon GO?
You can find Furfrou in the wild, with spawns increasing during certain events.
During certain events like Fashion Week (which ran Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 at 10 a.m. to Tuesday, September 28th, 2021 at 8 p.m. your local time), you could also find Furfrou a few other ways:
- Photobomb spawn via taking a snapshot (three times a day, max)
- Complete the event Field Research “Make 3 Nice Throws in a row”
- Complete Step 3 in the Fashion Week Event-exclusive Timed Research
- Appears in 1-Star Raids
Outside of the Fashion Week event and appearing in the wild, Furfrou is also an encounter reward in Special Research Misunderstood Mischief — specifically for Step 7’s task of “Take a snapshot of your buddy.”
Lastly, there are some general rules for Furfrou’s appearance:
- Furfrou will only be found in the wild in its Natural Form/Trim.
- Furfrou’s Shiny version isn’t live Pokémon GO, but Shiny versions have been found in a datamine.
- Furfrou cannot be hatched from eggs.
How to change Furfrou’s form in Pokémon GO
With Furfrou’s arrival, there’s a brand-new mechanic available in Pokémon GO — the Form Change mechanic. The Form Change mechanic for Furfrou is accessible via each Furfrou’s stats page. The number of style options available to the Furfrou you select will be limited to your location in the world and the friendship level of the Furfrou. According to Niantic, here’s how to carry out a Form Change:
- Select Furfrou in your Pokémon storage and then tap the Form Change button to bring up a menu that lists the available Trims.
- Select your preferred Trim.
- Changing your Furfrou from one Trim to any other Trim will cost 25 Furfrou Candy and 10,000 Stardust.
How do I get a specific style/trim/form for Furfrou?
Furfrou’s Natural Form is how Furfrou will appear in the wild. The nine other styles are only available via the form change mechanic and specific styles have an extra requirement. Some styles are limited to locations (form change can only be activated when you’re in a specific country/region/continent) or specific events.
- Natural Form/Trim: Available in the wild globally
- Matron Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Dandy Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Debutante Trim: Available as a form change in the Americas
- Diamond Trim: Available as a form change in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- Star Trim: Available as a form change in the Asia-Pacific
- La Reine Trim: Available as a form change in France
- Kabuki Trim: Available as a form change in Japan
- Pharaoh Trim: Available as a form change in Egypt
- Heart Trim: Available as a form change during the 2022 Valentine’s Day event
Furfrou Shiny versions in Pokémon GO
Furfrou’s Shiny version cannot be caught in Pokémon GO right now, but here are the in-game models of each Trim’s Shiny version.
More Pokémon GO guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO? Check out our other guides!
Leave a Comment