Furfrou is here in the world of Pokémon GO! Debuting during September 2021’s Fashion Week event, Furfrou’s arrival also brings a new feature to the game – changing forms. This Kalos Pokémon and its various Trims are all available in Pokémon GO, but some fashionable styles are region exclusives or have certain requirements. Looking to add a pack of fashionable Furfrou to your Pokémon GO collection? Here’s everything you need to make it happen!
WHERE CAN I CATCH FURFROU?
You can find Furfrou in the wild! For Fashion Week (Tuesday, September 21st at 10 a.m. to Tuesday, September 28th, at 8 p.m. your local time), you can find Furfrou a few other ways. They are the following:
- Photobomb spawn via taking a snapshot (three times a day, max)
- Complete the event Field Research “Make 3 Nice Throws in a row”
- Complete Step 3 in the Fashion Week Event-exclusive Timed Research
- Appears in 1-Star Raids
Outside of the Fashion Week event and appearing in the wild, Furfrou is also an encounter reward in Special Research Misunderstood Mischief — specifically for Step 7’s task of “Take a snapshot of your buddy.”
Lastly, there are some general rules for Furfrou’s appearance:
- Furfrou will only be found in the wild in its Natural Form/Trim.
- Furfrou’s Shiny version isn’t live Pokémon GO, but Shiny versions have been found in a datamine.
- Furfrou cannot be hatched from eggs.
HOW TO USE THE FORM CHANGE MECHANIC
With Furfrou’s arrival, there’s a brand-new mechanic available in Pokémon GO — the Form Change mechanic. The Form Change mechanic for Furfrou is accessible via each Furfrou’s stats page. The number of style options available to the Furfrou you select will be limited to your location in the world and the friendship level of the Furfrou. According to Niantic, here’s how to carry out a Form Change:
- Select Furfrou in your Pokémon storage and then tap the Form Change button to bring up a menu that lists the available Trims.
- Select your preferred Trim.
- Changing your Furfrou from one Trim to any other Trim will cost 25 Furfrou Candy and 10,000 Stardust.
- Note: Currently, changing Furfrou’s Trim will also change Furfrou’s moveset. This is unintended and Niantic is aware of the issue. It will be resolved in an upcoming release (0.221).
HOW DO I GET A SPECIFIC STYLE/TRIM/FORM?
Furfrou’s Natural Form is how Furfrou will appear in the wild. The nine other styles are only available via the form change mechanic and specific styles have an extra requirement. Some styles are limited to locations (form change can only be activated when you’re in a specific country/region/continent) or will be added at a later date.
NOTE: Currently, changing Furfrou’s Trim will also change Furfrou’s moveset. This is unintended and Niantic is aware of the issue. It will be resolved in an upcoming release (0.221).
- Natural Form/Trim: Available in the wild globally
- Matron Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Dandy Trim: Available as a form change globally
- Debutante Trim: Available as a form change in the Americas
- Diamond Trim: Available as a form change in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
- Star Trim: Available as a form change in the Asia-Pacific
- La Reine Trim: Available as a form change in France
- Kabuki Trim: Available as a form change in Japan
- Pharaoh Trim: Available as a Form change in Egypt
- Heart Trim: Not available and unknown at this time. One popular theory is that it’ll be tied to Furfrou’s friendship level – so make one your buddy Pokémon and gain enough hearts in time for the trim’s debut.
IMAGE GALLERY – SHINY VERSIONS
Furfrou’s shiny version cannot be caught in Pokémon GO right now, but here are the in-game models of each Trim’s Shiny version.
More Pokémon GO guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO? Check out our other guides!
Leave a Comment