Introduced in April 2020, Incense Day in Pokémon GO is a day dedicated to the in-game item spawning specific Pokémon. The event type was, unofficially, introduced as a new way to play Pokémon GO safely during the COVID-19 pandemic, as the Incense item allows Pokémon to spawn to your location. Thus, Trainers were able to safely play Pokémon GO at home and did not have to go outside in order to find Pokémon to catch. The introduction of this event also made Incense’s duration last one hour instead of 30 minutes (this is now a permanent feature).
Niantic doesn’t hold Incense Day events regularly, as there have only been two Incense Day events in 2020 and three in 2021. When one is announced for Pokémon GO, make sure you stock up on Poké Balls, Great Balls, and Ultra Balls and take advantage of any free or 1 PokéCoin bundles filled with items to enjoy the event!
What is Swinub Incense Day?
Swinub Incense Day is the first major event in Pokémon GO’s Season of Heritage (December 2021 – February 2022). During Swinub Incense Day (and its hours), Trainers can activate an Incense – an item that will allow wild Pokémon to spawn only for you at your location for one hour. Depending on when you activate the Incense, you’ll get a specific group of Pokémon appearing in front of your Avatar. Pokémon unrelated to the event can also appear via Incense, but for a majority of the time you’ll encounter Pokémon that will be showcased during the event.
In the case of Swinub Incense Day, there is a small story behind the event as it’s connected to the Season of Heritage’s narrative. According to the official Pokémon GO Blog:
“Professor Willow has just discovered some mysterious ruins—and within them sits a most mysterious door. Its exceptional locking mechanisms suggest that an incredible power may be sealed within…
After intense scrutiny, Blanche has determined that the door’s first mechanism requires a vast amount of Stardust to unlock, as well as the help of both Ice-type and Ground-type Pokémon. Help Professor Willow and Blanche by catching Pokémon such as Swinub!”
When is Swinub Incense Day?
Swinub Incense Day will take place on Sunday, December 5th, 2021 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. your local time.
Is there a Featured Pokémon for Swinub Incense Day?
Yes, the Featured Pokémon is Swinub. They will spawn during the entire event, regardless of any hourly rotations/shuffles. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Swinub!
What Pokémon will be appearing during Swinub Incense Day?
Along with Swinub, the following Pokémon will be available during Swinub Incense Day and have been sorted into two groups – Ice-type Pokémon and Ground-type Pokémon:
- Ice-type Pokémon: Seel*, Jynx*, Sneasel*, Snorunt*, Snover*, and Vanillite.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter the following Pokémon: Galarian Darumaka.
- Ground-type Pokémon: Onix*, Cubone*, Rhyhorn*, Wooper*, Phanpy, and Barboach*.
- If you’re lucky, you might encounter the following Pokémon: Lavitar*.
*: If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
Are there any hourly rotations for Swinub Incense Day?
Yes, the following hourly rotations will be in place during Swinub Incense Day:
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. your local time: Ice-type Pokémon
- 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. your local time: Ground-type Pokémon
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. your local time: Ice-type Pokémon
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. your local time: Gr0und-type Pokémon
- 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. your local time: Ice-type Pokémon
- 4 p.m. t0 5 p.m. your local time: Ground-type Pokémon
Are there any exclusive moves for Pokémon appearing during Swinub Incense Day?
Yes, there is an exclusive move for Mamoswine (the final evolution of Swinub) during Swinub Incense Day. Mamoswine will know the Charged Attack move Ancient Power when you evolve a Piloswine (Swinub’s evolution).
Ancient Power Stats
- Trainer Battles: 45 Power, with a chance of increasing the user’s Attack and Defense
- Gym and Raid Battles: 70 Power
What are the Event Bonuses for Swinub Incense Day?
The Event Bonuses for Swinub Incense Day are the following:
- Event-exclusive Field Research will be available
- An item bundle containing two Incense will be available in the shop for 1 PokéCoin
More Pokémon GO guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO? Check out our other guides!
Leave a Comment