Starting in January 2018, Community Day is a monthly event in Pokémon GO that shines the spotlight on a particular Pokémon. For one day each month, a Pokémon selected by Niantic will have its spawn rate increased during a block of hours. Also, the Shiny appearance rate for the starring Pokémon will be boosted. There are also other perks to Community Day – such as the featured Pokémon knowing at least one exclusive attack through evolution, increased duration for Lure Modules, Event Boxes, and more.
While Community Day is only one day a month (typically), Pokémon appearing in Community Days from January to November of the same calendar year will come back in December. The Community Day hosted in December is a two-day event where Community Day Pokémon from the same and previous year will return via Raids, Eggs, and increased spawns. So if you’re unable to partake in a specific Community Day, there’s always another chance to catch that Pokémon again (and its Shiny version)!
In addition to that, Niantic brought back Community Days of old with Community Day Classic! Debuting in January 2022, this spin-off event resembled Community Days from 2018, but with some additional event bonuses (namely photobomb encounters).
Please note that the standard hours for Community Day have changed. Niantic has started to use the old “2 p.m. to 5 p.m. your local time” block for Community Day events going forward, starting with April 2022. Yet, a new, five-hour-long “sub-event” continues where Community Day left off that focuses on in-person Raid Battles. These Raid Battles will spawn the Community Day Pokémon for 30 minutes nearby the Gym and Community Day increased Shiny rates apply.
When will Pokémon GO’s November 2022 Community Day take place?
November 2022’s Community Day will be happening on Saturday, November 12th, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. your local time.
The Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day “sub-event” will be happening right after – Saturday, November 12th, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time.
What Pokémon is showcased in November 2022‘s Community Day?
The Pokémon featured for this November 2022’s Community Day is Teddiursa. You’ll find that Teddiursa will be appearing more frequently in the wild and, if you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny one!
This event also includes the debut of Teddiursa’s final evolved form Ursaluna in Pokémon GO! (This evolved form debuted in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.)
What is the exclusive attack for November 2022’s Community Day?
Evolve Teddiursa into Ursaring into Ursaluna (via 150 Teddiursa Candies and under a full moon in-game) and you’ll have a Ursaluna that will know High Horsepower (Charged Attack). High Horsepower’s attack stats are the following:
- Trainer Battles: 100 power
- Gyms and Raids: 110 power
Note: This attack can only be learned when Ursaring is evolved in Ursaluna (via 100 Teddiursa Candies) on Saturday, November 12th, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time. After this, the full moon in-game effect will be available until Sunday, November 13th, 2022 at 6 a.m. your local time, but Ursaring evolved into Ursaluna will not learn High Horsepower as its Charged Attack. You won’t be able to evolve any Ursaring into Ursaluna again until the full moon appears in-game again. Niantic has not stated any future dates or how this effect will behave going forward.
Are there any bonuses for November 2022‘s Community Day?
Yes, the bonuses for Community Day are:
- 3× Stardust for catching Pokémon
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive XL Candy from catching Pokemon
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise! (Teddiursa photobomb spawn. Can be repeated up to 5 times.)
- Trades made will require 50% less Stardust (active from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time)
- One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of two for the day (active from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time)
This Community Day overlaps with the Greedy Gluttons event. The following bonuses might also be in effect:
- 1/2 Hatch Distance for the first three Eggs hatched during the Greedy Gluttons event using the Pokémon GO Egg hatching widget. The widget is available on iOS and Android devices. Read up on how to activate this feature via Niantic’s Support site.
What is the Special Research Story for November 2022‘s Community Day?
The Community Day Special Research Story is called A Sweet Snack. It’s a paid-for quest that costs $1.00 USD (or the equivalent pricing in your local currency). A complete list of tasks and rewards for this Special Research Story will be added once the event is live.
|Power up Pokémon 10 times||15 Poké Balls|
|Catch 15 Teddiursa||Teddiursa Encounter|
|Make 5 Nice Throws||20 Teddiursa Candies|
|Completion Rewards||2,000 Stardust, Teddiursa Encounter, and 1 Star Piece|
|Catch 15 Teddiursa||30 Teddiursa Candies|
|Transfer 10 Pokémon||Ursaring Encounter|
|Evolve 3 Teddiursa||10 Pinap Berries|
|Completion Rewards||1,500 XP, Teddiursa Encounter, and 1 Incense|
|Make 3 Great Curveball Throws||50 Teddiursa Candies|
|Evolve 1 Ursaring||1 Lucky Egg|
|Transfer 10 Pokémon||15 Great Balls|
|Completion Rewards||2,500 XP, 1 Rocket Radar, and 15 Ultra Balls|
|Claim Reward!||2 Silver Pinap Berries|
|Claim Reward!||Teddiursa Encounter|
|Claim Reward!||3,500 XP|
|Completion Rewards||3,000 Stardust, Ursaluna Encounter, and 3 Rare Candies|
Are there any special Raids for November 2022‘s Community Day?
For November 2022’s Community Day, there will be a special Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day event. On Saturday, November 12th, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time special Four-Star Raids featuring Ursaring will be appearing at Gyms.
Four-Star Raid Bonuses
- Defeating a Ursaring Raid during this event will cause Teddiursa to appear in a 300-meter (about 984.252 ft) radius around the Gym (where the Raid took place at) for 30 minutes.
- Shiny rates for Teddiursa will be the same as November 2022 Community Day’s event from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. your local time.
Four-Star Raid Limitations
- These Raids can only be accessed with Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes.
- Remote Raid Passes cannot be used.
Are there any Event Bundles for November 2022‘s Community Day?
There are will be some Event Bundles available and both require PokéCoins:
- Great Box (480 PokéCoins): 30 Ultra Balls, 3 Super Incubators, 1 Incense, and 1 Lure Module.
- Community Day Box (1,350 PokéCoins): 50 Ultra Balls, 5 Super Incubators, 1 Elite Charged TM, and 5 Lucky Eggs.
Are there any special event-themed stickers for November 2022‘s Community Day?
Yes – there will be an assortment of Teddiursa and Ursaring-themed stickers. You can get them by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and/or purchasing them from Pokémon GO’s in-game shop during the event.
Are there any other bonuses/tasks for November 2022‘s Community Day?
November 2022’s Community Day overlaps with the Greedy Gluttons event. That event includes a walking-based Timed Research, so if you’re out and about during Community Day, you can complete a few “Walk # km” Timed Research tasks and earn some Berries and Snorlax encounters. There is also a Hatch Distance bonus when using the Pokémon GO Egg hatching widget (up to the first three Eggs hatched during Greedy Gluttons). Also, Niantic will also have Community Ambassador Activations happening in select cities. For a full list of available locations, you can check out the interactive map on the dedicated Community Day Map page. Interactive maps also include “Community Parks”, but these locations will not have any additional bonuses available.
- Community Ambassador Activations: Connect with local Community Ambassadors and their communities.
- Community Parks: This park may be a fun place to play with your local community while enjoying some fresh air.
More Pokémon GO Community Day guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO’s Community Days? Check out our latest guides!
More Pokémon GO guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO? Check out our other guides!