Starting in January 2018, Community Day is a monthly event in Pokémon GO that shines the spotlight on a particular Pokémon. For one day each month, a Pokémon selected by Niantic will have its spawn rate increased during a block of hours. Also, the Shiny appearance rate for the starring Pokémon will be boosted. There are also other perks to Community Day – such as the featured Pokémon knowing at least one exclusive attack through evolution, increased duration for Lure Modules, Event Boxes, and more.
While Community Day is only one day a month (typically), Pokémon appearing in Community Days from January to November of the same calendar year will come back in December. The Community Day hosted in December is a two-day event where Community Day Pokémon from the same and previous year will return via Raids, Eggs, and increased spawns. So if you’re unable to partake in a specific Community Day, there’s always another chance to catch that Pokémon again (and its Shiny version)!
In addition to that, Niantic brought back Community Days of old with Community Day Classic! Debuting in January 2022, this spin-off event resembled Community Days from 2018, but with some additional event bonuses (namely photobomb encounters).
Please note that the standard hours for Community Day have changed. Niantic has started to use the old “2 p.m. to 5 p.m. your local time” block for Community Day events going forward, starting with April 2022. Yet, a new, five-hour-long “sub-event” continues where Community Day left off that focuses on in-person Raid Battles. These Raid Battles will spawn the Community Day Pokémon for 30 minutes nearby the Gym and Community Day increased Shiny rates apply.
When will Pokémon GO’s October 2022 Community Day take place?
October 2022’s Community Day will be happening on Saturday, October 15th, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. your local time.
The Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day “sub-event” will be happening right after – Saturday, October 15th, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time.
What Pokémon is showcased in October 2022‘s Community Day?
The Pokémon featured for this October 2022’s Community Day is Litwick. You’ll find that Litwick will be appearing more frequently in the wild and, if you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny one!
What is the exclusive attack for October 2022’s Community Day?
Evolve Litwick into Lampent into Chandelure (via 125 Litwick Candies and 1 Unova Stone – 25 Litwick Candies from Litwick to Lampent, 100 Litwick Candies and 1 Unova Stone from Lampent to Chandelure) and you’ll have a Chandelure that will know Poltergeist (Charged Attack).
Poltergeist’s attack stats are the following:
- Trainer Battles: 140 power
- Gyms and Raids: 140 power
Note: This attack can only be learned when Lampent is evolved in Chandelure (via 100 Litwick Candies and 1 Unova Stone) on Saturday, October 15th, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time.
Are there any bonuses for October 2022‘s Community Day?
Yes, the bonuses for Community Day are:
- 3× XP for catching Pokémon
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive XL Candy from catching Pokemon.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise! (Litwick photobomb spawn. Can be repeated up to 5 times.)
- Trades made will require 50% less Stardust (active from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time).
- One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of three for the day (active from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time).
This Community Day overlaps with the Festival of Lights 2022 event. The following bonuses might also be in effect:
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering Shiny Chinchou
- Some Pokémon (i.e.: Litwick, Chinchou, etc.) will glow on-screen during “nighttime” hours
What is the Timed Research for October 2022‘s Community Day?
To stock up on Unova Stones (needed to evolve Lampent into Chandelure), there will be a free Timed Research that will reward Trainers with up to 5 Unova Stones. A complete list of tasks and rewards will be added here once the event is live.
- Task: Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon
- Reward: 1 Unova Stone
- Task: Catch 5 Litwick
- Reward: 1 Unova Stone
- Task: Make 5 Nice Throws
- Reward: 1 Unova Stone
- Completion Reward: 2 Unova Stones
What is the Special Research Story for October 2022‘s Community Day?
The Community Day Special Research Story is called Field Notes: Trick of the Light. It’s a paid-for quest that costs $1.00 USD (or the equivalent pricing in your local currency). A complete list of tasks and rewards for this Special Research Story will be added once the event is live.
|Field Notes: Trick of the Light|
|Power up Pokémon 10 times||15 Poké Balls|
|Catch 15 Litwick||Litwick* Encounter|
|Make 5 Nice Throws||20 Litwick Candies|
|Completion Rewards||2,000 Stardust, Litwick* Encounter, and 1 Incense|
|Catch 15 Litwick||30 Litwick Candies|
|Transfer 10 Pokémon||Lampent* Encounter|
|Evolve 3 Litwick||10 Pinap Berries|
|Completion Rewards||1,500 XP, Litwick* Encounter, and 1 Lure Module|
|Make 3 Great Curveball Throws||50 Litwick Candies|
|Evolve 1 Lampent||1 Lucky Egg|
|Transfer 10 Pokémon||15 Great Balls|
|Completion Rewards||2,500 XP, 1 Rocket Radar, and 15 Ultra Balls|
|Claim Reward!||2 Silver Pinap Berries|
|Claim Reward!||Litwick Encounter*|
|Claim Reward!||3,500 XP|
|Completion Rewards||3,000 Stardust, Chandelure* Encounter, and 3 Rare Candies|
Note: Pokémon marked with an * means that “If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!”
Are there any special Raids for October 2022‘s Community Day?
For October 2022’s Community Day, there will be a special Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day event.
On Saturday, October 15th, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time special Four-Star Raids featuring Lampent will be appearing at Gyms.
Four-Star Raid Bonuses
- Defeating a Lampent Raid during this event will cause Litwick to appear in a 300-meter (about 984.252 ft) radius around the Gym (where the Raid took place at) for 30 minutes.
- Shiny rates for Litwick will be the same as October 2022 Community Day’s event from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. your local time.
Four-Star Raid Limitations
- These Raids can only be accessed with Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes.
- Remote Raid Passes cannot be used.
Are there any Event Bundles for October 2022‘s Community Day?
There are will be some Event Bundles available. A complete list of Event Boxes will be added here once the event is live.
- Special Box (480 PokéCoins, limit 1): 30 Ultra Balls, 1 Incense, 2 Super Incubators, and 1 Lure Module.
- Hatch Box (1,350 PokéCoins, limit 1): 50 Ultra Balls, 5 Super Incubators, 1 Elite Charged TM, and 5 Lucky Eggs.
Are there any special event-themed stickers for October 2022‘s Community Day?
Yes – there will be an assortment of Litwick-themed stickers. You can get them by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and/or purchasing them from Pokémon GO’s in-game shop during the event.
Are there any other bonuses/tasks for October 2022‘s Community Day?
October 2022’s Community Day overlaps with the Festival of Lights 2022 event. Given that event’s Timed Research is about catching Pokémon, your Litwick catching plans will definitely help in completing those tasks and earning various rewards (including an Avatar Pose).
Also, Niantic will also have Community Ambassador Activations happening in select cities. For a full list of available locations, you can check out the interactive map on the dedicated Community Day Map page. Interactive maps also include “Community Parks”, but these locations will not have any additional bonuses available.
- Community Ambassador Activations: Connect with local Community Ambassadors and their communities.
- Community Parks: This park may be a fun place to play with your local community while enjoying some fresh air.
More Pokémon GO Community Day guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO’s Community Days? Check out our latest guides!
More Pokémon GO guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO? Check out our other guides!
Leave a Comment