Just as the Astral Eclipse event is winding down in Pokémon GO, a new, one-day-only event emerges from an Ultra Wormhole. After being introduced during the Season of GO, and continuing to appear (and debut) during the Season of Light, all seven Ultra Beasts in Pokémon GO will be appearing in droves thanks to Five-Star Raids. Dubbed the Ultra Beast Arrival: Global event, now is the time to catch any Ultra Beasts that you’re missing.
Plus, if you’re nearby, you can start the Ultra Beast Raid train early thanks to two in-person events happening in London and Hollywood (full details available on the Ultra Beast Arrival webpage). Regardless, Trainers can catch ’em all during the Global event thanks to Raids and an event exclusive Timed Research.
See what Ultra Beasts will be appearing in your area with our Ultra Beast Arrival: Global guide here:
Pokémon GO’s Season of Light – Ultra Beast Arrival: Global
Begins: Sunday, November 27th, 2022 at 11 a.m. your local time.
Ends: Sunday, November 27th, 2022 at 5 p.m. your local time.
Pokémon spotlight – Ultra Beasts
Here’s your chance to catch any Ultra Beasts you’ve missed this year! After debuting in various Pokémon GO Fest events in June, July, and August, the Ultra Beast invasion continued on in the Season of Light. For this one-day event, all Ultra Beasts that have been released in Pokémon GO (via Five-Star Raids, ala Ultra Wormholes) will be appearing in Five-Star Raids all over the world. Depending on your region, you’ll be limited to certain Ultra Beasts, but don’t fret. A Timed Research will be made available during the event and the rewards include catch encounters with all 7 available Ultra Beasts.
- Receive up to five additional free Raid Passes by spinning Gym Photo Discs during the event and up to two hours afterward.
- 1.25× more XP for winning Raid Battles against Ultra Beasts.
- Increased chance to receive Rare Candy XL from in-person Raid Battles.
The following bonuses will be available if the Trainer Recruitment Campaign is met:
- 1 Lure Module via a bundle in the in-game shop.
- Beast Balls will be used during Ultra Beast encounters.
If any special boxes are released during the event, they’ll be listed here once the event is live.
Ultra Beasts will be appearing around the world in Five-Star Raids (look for the Ultra Wormholes instead of Eggs). Due to the nature of this event, Ultra Beasts will be appearing in certain regions and hemispheres.
- Americas: Nihilego, Buzzwole, and Guzzlord.
- Asia-Pacific: Nihilego, Xurkitree, and Guzzlord.
- Europe: Nihilego, Pheromosa, and Guzzlord.
- Northern hemisphere: Kartana.
- Southern hemisphere: Celesteela.
- Nihilego will be available in Five-Star Raids after this event, until Thursday, December 1st, 2022 at 10 a.m. your local time.
- Niantic hasn’t stated a ban on Remote Raid Passes for this event. Therefore, Trainers can catch Ultra Beasts outside of their region/hemisphere via a friend invite and Remote Raid Pass.
Timed Research – Ultra Beast Arrival
A special, event-exclusive Timed Research will be available. According to Niantic, this Timed Research will reward Trainers with catch encounters with the following Ultra Beasts: Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Guzzlord, Celesteela, and Kartana. A complete list of tasks and associated rewards will be added here once the event is live.
- Task: Win a raid
- Reward: Nihilego Encounter
- Task: Win 2 raids
- Reward: Xurkitree Encounter
- Task: Win 3 raids
- Reward: Pheromosa Encounter
- Task: Win 4 raids
- Reward: Buzzwole Encounter
- Task: Win 5 raids
- Reward: Guzzlord Encounter
- Task: Win 6 raids
- Reward: Kartana Encounter
- Task: Win 7 raids
- Reward: Celesteela Encounter
- Completion Rewards: 570 XP and 570 Stardust
Mini Collection Challenge: Nihilego
A Mini Collection Challenge will be issued via redemption codes through Pokémon GO’s official social media channels. The code must be claimed by logging into Niantic’s code redemption with your Pokémon GO account.
The most current code is: 9Y77F2DDLT2C4
This code can be redeemed until Wednesday, November 30th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. your local time.
Along with the Mini Collection Challenge, Trainers will also earn a special medal (the Ultra Beast Arrival medal).
Mini Collection Challenge: Nihilego
- Catch: Nihilego
- Rewards: 7 Nihilego Candies, 9 Nihilego Candies, 3 Nihilego Candies, and an addition to your Elite Collector medal
Wild Encounters via Group Raid Bonuses
- The following Pokémon will appear in the wild for “a short duration”, specifically nearby the Gym where a successfully completed Ultra Beast Raid took place: Machoke, Scyther*, Magmar*, Gulpin, Absol*, Minccino*, Frillish (female shown), and Dedenne.
- Note: Minccino will have an increased chance of being Shiny via this method.
Note: Pokémon marked with an * means that “If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!”
Trainer Recruitment Campaign
Starting on Monday, November 21st, 2022, and ending on Saturday, November 26th, 2022 (times not given), additional rewards will be given to all Trainers, provided that a specific number of new players are referred/recruited to the game.
- 50,000 Trainers: 1 Lure Module via a bundle in the in-game shop.
- 100,000 Trainers: Beast Balls will be used during Ultra Beast encounters.
Pokémon GO’s Season of Light – Astral Eclipse
Begins: Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022 at 10 a.m. your local time.
Ends: Monday, November 28th, 2022 at 8 p.m. your local time.
The Ultra Beast Arrival: Global event takes place during the Astral Eclipse event. For Pokémon appearing during that event and additional details, you can check out our dedicated Astral Eclipse event guide.
More Pokémon GO guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO? Check out our other guides!
Leave a Comment