You know what a brand-new year means, right? All-new Pokémon GO updates! That’s right — as 2022 is upon us and we prepare for January to roll in, Niantic is rolling out a bunch of new stuff for us PGO players to indulge in.
What updates are coming to Pokémon GO in January 2022?
You can expect new Research Breakthrough rewards, new item bundles in the shop, new featured Pokémon in Raids and Mega Raids, and a host of new events.
Additionally, expect several Raid Hours, Pokémon Spotlight Hours, and of course January’s Community Day!
What are the new January Research Breakthrough rewards?
From January 1st, 2022 at 1 p.m. to February 1st , 2022 at 1 p.m., players can encounter Onix as a Research Breakthrough reward (and yes, Onix can be Shiny!), as well as receive Steelix Mega Energy.
What are the new item bundles in the shop?
Every Monday in January, players can purchase a one-time bundle for 1 PokéCoin that includes a Remote Raid Pass, and other items.
What are the new featured Raid Pokémon?
Each week in January, a different Legendary Pokémon will be featured in Five-Star Raids.
- Kyurem (from January 1st to January 7th)
- Heatran (from January 7th to January 15th)
- Genesect (Shock Drive) (from January 15th to January 24th)
- Regice (January 24th to February 1st)
Kyurem, Heatran, and Regice can all appear as Shiny Pokémon. Additionally, Genesect’s Shock Drive form is making its Pokémon GO debut during these Raids! Caught during this period, Genesect will know the move Techno Blast.
Finally, the following Mega Raids will be available:
- Mega Abomasnow (from January 1st to January 7th)
- Mega Aerodactyl (from January 7th to February 1st)
Both Mega Abomasnow and Mega Aerodactyl can appear as Shiny Pokémon. This is also the first time Mega Aerodactyl will appear in Mega Raids, so take advantage!
When will January Raid Hours take place?
Raid Hours will take play on January 5th for Kyurem, January 12th for Heatran, January 19th for Genesect, and January 26th for Regice.
What Pokémon will appear during Spotlight Hours?
Every Tuesday in January, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time, players will encounter different featured Pokémon alongside a special bonus.
- Solosis, + 2x Transfer Candy (January 4)
- Diglett, + 2x Catch Stardust (January 11)
- Plusle, + 2x Catch Candy (January 18)
- Minun, + 2x Transfer Candy (January 25)
Diglett, Plusle, and Minun can all appear in their Shiny forms.
When is January’s Community Day?
January’s Community Day event will take place on January 16th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time. The featured Pokémon will be Spheal.
What other events are happening in Pokémon GO in January?
Three events will be held throughout the month of January, with more details about them coming in the near future.
- New Year’s Event (December 31st at 10 p.m. to January 4th at 8 p.m.): Pokémon in new costumes will appear in the wild, and new avatar items will be added to the game.
- Mountains of Power (January 7th at 10 a.m. to January 13th at 8 p.m.): Work with Spark in the second part of the Seasons of Heritage story, exploring terrain reminiscent of Johto and Sinnoh.
- Kanto Power Plant-inspired event (January 19th, 10 a.m. to February 1st at 10 a.m.): Continue working with Spark in the final part of the Season of Heritage story, featuring Electric- and Steel-type Pokémon.
More Pokémon GO Guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO? Check out our other guides!
[display-posts tag=”pokemon-go-guides” orderby=”title” image_size=”medium” wrapper=”div” wrapper_class=”display-posts-listing grid” meta_key=”_thumbnail_id” posts_per_page=”100″]
Leave a Comment