Pokémon GO’s Winter Holiday Part 2 event is still going strong, but for two days, Trainers can get a few extra bonuses. Coinciding with Hanukkah, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day, Trainers can try their luck with getting Lucky Pokémon thanks to some new Lucky Trading rules. Plus, there will also be a Collection Challenge available.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Winter Wonderland event with our guide below:
Pokémon GO’s Season of Mythical Wishes – Winter Wonderland
Begins: Saturday, December 24th, 2022 at 10 a.m. your local time.
Ends: Sunday, December 25th, 2022 at 8 p.m. your local time.
- One (1) extra special trade per day
- Daily Adventure Incense activated during the event will last for 30 minutes (instead of the standard 15 minutes)
Since this event overlaps with the Winter Holiday Part 2 event, the following bonuses will also be in effect:
- Trainers can store up to 40 Gifts until the end of the event
- Winter/snowy overlay on overworld screen and during Pokémon catch encounters.
- Various bonuses depending on which Winter Wishes Timed Research route is picked (pick one):
- Hatch Distance Bonus: 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during the event period
- XP Bonus: 2× XP for catching Pokémon
- Stardust Bonus: 2× Stardust for catching Pokémon
Winter Wonderland also partially overlaps with the Hisuian Avalugg Raid Day event, yet those bonuses are tied to Hisuian Avalugg appearances and additional Raid Passes.
Good news Lucky Pokémon Collectors! The number of guaranteed Lucky Pokémon a Trainer can receive in a trade has been increased from 10 to 15. In addition to this, Pokémon that have spent time in a Trainer’s Pokémon storage since 2017 are guaranteed to become a Lucky Pokémon when traded (until the limit is reached). This change is permanent and will stay active beyond this two-day event.
Collection Challenge – Winter Wonderland Collection Challenge
A Collection Challenge will be issued during the event. If Trainers complete it before the Winter Wonderland event is over, they’ll be rewarded with XP, 1 Incense, and a Galarian Mr. Mime* catch encounter. A complete list of what Pokémon needed to be caught or evolved will be listed here once the event is live.
- Catch the following Pokémon: Costumed Eevee, Swinub, Snorunt, Spheal, Bergmite, Snover, Costumed Delibird, Vanillite, Costumed Cubchoo, and Cryogonal.
- Rewards: 10,000 XP, Galarian Mr. Mime* Encounter, and 1 Incense.
Note: Pokémon marked with an * means that “If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!”
More Pokémon GO guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO? Check out our other guides!
Leave a Comment