A new Raid has appeared in Pokémon GO! Announced on Friday, October 14th, 2022 via the official Pokémon GO blog and official Pokémon GO social media channels, Trainers can now participate in Elite Raids. One big question though – what are Elite Raids?
Elite Raids are a new type of Raid Battle and as the name implies they’ll pack an extra challenge. Plus, instead of appearing with a countdown time of one hour or less, Elite Raid Eggs take 24 hours to hatch. When the Raid Egg does hatch, Trainers will only have 30 minutes to battle the Pokémon that hatched out of the Egg in hopes of defeating it for a catch encounter. Not only that, but these Raids can only accept in-person Raid Passes (which means no Remote Raid Passes).
Note: While Elite Raid Eggs take 24 hours to hatch, there have been instances where this isn’t the case. Due to Elite Raids taking place the day after Community Day, the appearance of some Elite Raids has been staggered so there are enough locations where the Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day event can take place.
UPDATE: Due to errors in the GMT +13 timezone, Trainers will get a make up Elite Raid Day for Sunday, March 12th, 2023.
Check out our guide below for 2023’s first Elite Raid as well as where you can get the necessary Raid Passes to participate in these Raids:
How to get a Raid Pass in Pokémon GO
Trainers who wish to partake in the event will have to use a Raid Pass at a Gym with an active Elite Raid. There are currently three Raid Pass types:
- Raid Pass (orange) – The daily free Raid Pass. You can get one free in-game daily by spinning a Gym’s PokeStop.
- Premium Battle Pass (green) – A Raid Pass that can be purchased with PokéCoins (Pokémon GO’s premium in-game currency). One costs 100 PokéCoins and can also be found in special bundles or included as bonus items for paid ticket events and more. This pass can also be used in Pokémon GO’s GO Battle League for premium rewards.
- Remote Raid Pass (blue) – A special Raid Pass that can be purchased with PokéCoins. As of May 23rd, 2022, they will not be included in the weekly box bundles for 1 PokéCoin. Prices have also increased – an individual Remote Raid Pass is 100 PokéCoins whereas the 3-pack is 300 PokéCoins. Remote Raid Passes have also been distributed as Research Breakthrough rewards and more. The Remote Raid Passes cannot be used for Elite Raids.
Note: Raid Pass and Premium Battle Pass items can only be used within 80 meters (262 feet) of a Gym.
How many Raid Passes can you get in a day?
Technically, there is no limit to how many Raid Passes you can acquire each day, but there is a limit depending on which Raid Pass type:
- Raid Pass (orange) – You can only get one per day for free by spinning a Gym’s PokeStop.
- Premium Battle Pass (green) – You can have as many Premium passes as you can purchase and hold in your inventory.
- Remote Raid Pass (blue) – You can only hold up to three at a time, but can buy more after using one.
- Reminder: Remote Raid Passes cannot be used for Elite Raids.
What time is today’s Elite Raid?
Saturday, March 11th, 2023’s Elite Raids can take place at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., or 5 p.m. your local time. It depends on the Elite Raid Egg – where it has appeared and its hatching countdown timer.
What Pokémon is featured in today’s Elite Raid?
The Pokémon for Saturday, March 11th, 2023’s Elite Raids is Regidrago. This is Regidrago’s debut in Pokémon GO.
Can Regidrago be shiny?
No, Regidrago’s shiny version is currently unavailable in Pokémon GO.
Are there any bonuses happening during today’s Elite Raid?
Yes, there will be one “bonus” during Elite Raid Day. Trainers that successfully complete an Elite Raid Battle will unlock an exclusive Timed Research.
Note: The bonus of specific “regular” and Legendary Pokémon spawning nearby the Gym where an Elite Raid Battle took place and at nearby PokéStops was not implemented for this Elite Raid. These bonuses were active for Elite Raids in 2022, but had a number of errors.
Timed Research – Elite Raid Timed Research
A Timed Research quest called Elite Raid Timed Research will be distributed to Trainers who “complete an Elite Raid”, according to an official Pokémon GO blog post. This Timed Research can only be received once. Rewards for this Timed Research include the following: Regirock Candy, Regice Candy, and Registeel Candy.
A complete list of tasks for all routes and the rewards will be shared here later.
- Task: Make a new friend
- Reward: 10,000 XP
- Completion Reward: 10 Regirock Candies, 10 Regice Candies, and 10 Registeel Candies
Will there be future Elite Raids?
Yes, there will be another Elite Raid Day during the Season of Rising Heroes. It’ll take place on Sunday, April 9th, 2023 at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 5 p.m. your local time and will feature Regieleki.
More Pokémon GO guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO? Check out our other guides!
Leave a Comment