Mega Garchomp debuts in Pokémon GO this month! Of course, in order to have your own Mega Garchomp, you’ll need a pile of Mega Garchomp Energy (300, specifically). That means it’s time to challenge (and win) Mega Garchomp raids. Luckily, this Season’s Raid Day event is dedicated to Mega Garchomp, making it easier to find active Mega Garchomp raids. (For more details about the Season of Adventures Abound, you can check out our overall Season of Adventures Abound guide hub.)
Now, check out what’s happening during the Mega Garchomp Raid Day event with our guide below:
Pokémon GO’s Season of Adventures Abound – Mega Garchomp Raid Day
Begins: Saturday, November 11th, 2023 at 2 p.m. your local time.
Ends: Saturday, November 11th, 2023 at 5 p.m. your local time.
Pokémon debuts – Mega Garchomp
Mega Garchomp is the focus of Mega Garchomp Raid Day, but you technically can’t catch a Mega Garchomp. You’ll need to acquire 300 Mega Garchomp Energy (won from Mega Garchomp raids) in order to mega evolve a Garchomp that you have. Luckily, you can capture a Garchomp (if you’re lucky) when successfully winning a Mega Garchomp raid.
- The Remote Raid Pass limit will be increased to 10 on Saturday, November 11, 2023, from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. local time.
- You can receive up to five additional daily Raid Passes from spinning Photo Discs at Gyms during the event.
- You’ll have an increased chance of encountering Shiny Garchomp from Mega Raids.
Paid Event Ticket Bonuses
Trainers can purchase an event ticket (priced at US$4.99 OR US$5.00 OR the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency) that will give them extra bonuses on Saturday, November 11th, 2023 from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time (that time frame includes five hours after the event ends in their time zone).
According to Niantic, “[t]ickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service).” Tickets can also be gifted to Trainers you’re friends with provided that you have a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with them. This can be done via the in-game shop and by selecting the “Gift” button instead of the “Buy” button. Tickets purchased for friends are nonrefundable as well.
These event ticket bonuses will be active on Saturday, November 11th, 2023 from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. your local time:
- Eight additional Raid Passes from spinning Photo Discs at Gyms (for a daily total of 14)
- Increased chance to get Rare Candy XL from Raid Battles
- 50% more XP from Raid Battles
- 2× Stardust from Raid Battles
Festival of Light Event Bonuses
The Mega Garchomp Raid Day overlaps with the Festival of Lights event, so the following bonuses will also be active:
- 2× Stardust for hatching Pokémon.
- 2× Candy for hatching Pokémon.
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last twice as long. (Two hours instead of 1 hour.)
- Morelull hatched from Eggs will have a greater chance of being a Shiny Pokémon than Morelull found in the wild.
Trainers located in India will also get the following bonuses:
- 2× Candy when catching Pokémon.
- A special Collection Challenge that awards Stardust, XP, and an encounter with Tadbulb.
If any special event boxes or bundles are released during the event, they’ll be listed here once the event is live.
- Unnamed Box 1 (595 PokéCoins, purchase limit unknown): 3 Remote Raid Passes and 2 Premium Battle Passes.
- Pokémon GO Web Store bundle ($4.99, purchase limit unknown): 3 Remote Raid Passes and 2 Premium Battle Passes.
Mega Raids will be featured during the event and be given priority:
- Mega Raids: Mega Garchomp*.
Note: Pokémon marked with an * means that “If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!” (In this case, it would be a Shiny Garchomp during the catch encounter.)
Festival of Lights
The Mega Garchomp Raid Day event overlaps with the Festival of Lights event. For more details about this event, you can check out our dedicated Festival of Lights event guide.
More Pokémon GO guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon GO? Check out our other guides!
Leave a Comment