Super Rare Games’ next physical release has been announced! It’s time to defy Lady Luck in the roguelike deck-builder, Dicey Dungeons.
Released on the Nintendo Switch in 2020, this month it’s escaping it’s digital-only fate thanks to a 5,000 physical copy run from Limited Run Games.
Luck won’t save you this time. You’ll need skills to survive this game. Become a giant walking dice and battle to the end of an ever-changing dungeon and fight monsters, find better loot, and level up your heroes as you work together to take down the Goddess of Fortune, Lady Luck herself. Balance your carefully planned strategies against the unknown of a dice roll.
- SIX PLAYABLE CHARACTERS – Choose between six wildly different classes: Warrior, Thief, Robot, Jester, Inventor, and Witch.
- DOZENS OF ENEMIES – Fight and defeat a variety of enemies from Vacuum Cleaners that want to suck your blood, to creatures from Irish mythology, to suave malevolent snowmen.
- ENDLESS REPLAYABILITY – Re-enter the dungeon for a totally different experience due to procedurally generated levels.
- REUNION DLC INCLUDED – A major new DLC released in July that comes with six new episodes, one for each contestant, new music, new art, new equipment, and new gameplay. Dicey Dungeons is bigger than ever!
- CATCHY SOUNDTRACK – Take on Lady Luck to the catchy, upbeat, and energetic beats by Chipzel.
- CARTOONY ART STYLE – Get immersed in the beautiful and adorable artwork by Marlowe Dobbe.
Similar to previous Super Rare Games releases, the physical edition of Dicey Dungeons will include the following: the current build of the game (including the Reunion DLC) on a physical cart, a physical case along with a cover with interior artwork, a full-color manual (typically showing off concept art of the game and more), a 3-pack of trading cards, and an exclusive sticker. (To see what this all looks like, you can check out our Wytchwood review!) All this for $32.98 and only two copies can be purchase per customer. Additional 3-card trading card packs (limited to 5 packs per customer) will also be available to purchase for $2.84 per pack.
The game and trading card packs will go on sale on Thursday, September 22nd at 10 a.m. PT | 1 p.m. ET. You can also skip the wait and purchase Dicey Dungeons today via one of two bundles at Super Rare Games. The bundles include the previously released physical editions of A Short Hike and Necrobarista: Final Pour (the difference between the two is one has the beautiful Collector’s Edition of A Short Hike while the other has the Standard Edition instead).
If you’re just looking to pick up Dicey Dungeons, then make sure to head on over to Super Rare Games’ site when sales go live on Thursday, September 22nd at 10 a.m. PT | 1 p.m. ET. Once all 5,000 copies are gone, you’ll have to wait for a copy to appear on the second-hand market or just get it digitally via the Nintendo eShop.
Leave a Comment