We’ve known about a revamped version of the Disney Classic Games Collection and that it would be releasing “soon” on a variety of platforms, including the Nintendo Switch. After all, it was rated by the ESRB last month followed by some finer details of what would be included thanks to a report from Vooks. Today, this newly packaged collection is being formally announced as well as how owners of the previous release (Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King) can get the new additions without rebuying the entire game. See what’s included in the Disney Classic Games Collection for yourself with the announcement trailer.
This release will include the “enhanced 16-bit version of The Lion King, The Jungle Book, the Sega Genesis Aladdin, and Super Nintendo Entertainment System Aladdin games.” Plus, the following features:
- Exclusive to Physical: Every physical version will come with one of four random retro style manuals for Aladdin [Sega Genesis], Aladdin [Super Nintendo Entertainment System], The Lion King, and The Jungle Book.
- The Expanded Collection: Play through multiple different versions of the beloved Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Jungle Book games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. This incredible combination makes this the best edition yet of Disney Classic Games.
- BOTH 16-Bit Console Aladdin Games included for the first time since their original release. By popular demand, two completely different and equally adored Aladdin games are finally available and enhanced for modern consoles. Which Aladdin game is YOUR favorite?
- Display Options and Updated Visuals:
- 1080P graphics and enhancements for modern HD TVs
- Adjustable screen aspect ratios and borders
- Custom filter options designed to replicate classic CRT TVs and other popular screen types
- Modern Features: Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time to retry difficult areas, view full game playthroughs with the ability to skip forward, jump in, and start playing at any point, and quickly save your progress and continue your adventure wherever and whenever you want.
- Museum Features: Take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these incredible games. Watch video interviews with the original development teams or explore numerous galleries containing hundreds of previously unreleased HD concept images and marketing assets.
- Soundtrack: Listen to the entire soundtracks for all games in the included music players. The ability to repeat and shuffle the songs is also supported. Enjoy 16-bit versions of classic songs like “A Whole New World”, “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King”, and “The Bare Necessities”!
The Disney Classic Games Collection will be available for $29.99 at Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, and Walmart and on Tuesday, November 9th. That same day “The Jungle Book and MORE Aladdin Pack DLC” will be available to purchase digitally for $9.99 (including via the Nintendo eShop) which includes the games missing from the initial release.
Leave a Comment