Raid Battles made the jump from Pokémon’s Generation VIII (Sword and Shield) to Generation IX (Scarlet and Violet). While similar, the big difference this time around is the Terastal phenomenon, where Pokémon’s type can change to one of the 18 different types available in-game. Not to mention, Pokémon will receive boosted attack power, provided that the attack type and the Tera type match.
One thing that is definitely staying the same for these Raid Battles is that they’re limited-time events. Just like in Sword and Shield, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet will have dedicated days featuring special Tera Raid Battles. To date, these are the following types of Tera Raid Battle events:
- Spotlight Events/ 1- to 5-Star Tera Raid Battles: A single Pokémon is featured. This event type was originally referred to as a Spotlight event (i.e.: Eevee Spotlight) prior to Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s launch. Afterward, these events have been called 1- to 5-Star Tera Raid Battle events. The Pokémon featured will have all 18 different Tera Types available in 1- to 5-Star Tera Raid Battles.
- 4- and 5-Star Tera Raid Battles: Select Pokémon will be available in more frequently appearing 4- and 5-Star Tera Raid Battles. So far, Pokémon appearing in these battles already appear in-game during normal circumstances and are version exclusives (i.e.: Tyranitar (Scarlet) and Salamence (Violet) event). The main difference here is that the spawn of these specific Tera Raid Battles has been boosted and the introduction of a 4-Star Tera Raid Battle version (instead of the games’ standard 5- and 6-Star Tera Raid Battles).
- Black Crystal Tera Raid Battles: A special Pokémon is featured with 7-Star Tera Raid Battles. This Pokémon will always be level 100. Additional perks like titles, marks, and more could be active. Pokémon that are featured in this tier can only be caught once per game, per save. These events will also include 4- and 5-Star Tera Raid Battles featuring two specific Pokémon that have a type advantage against the ultra-powerful 7-Star Tera Raid Battle Pokémon (and there are no catch limits to the 4- and 5-Star Tera Raid Battle featured Pokémon).
For the first Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Tera Raid Battle event of Spring 2023, it’ll focus on one Pokémon only appearing in 5-Star Tera Raid Battles. Get all the details about this event with our guide below:
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s Blissey Tera Raid Battle
Second Appearance (April 2023)
Begins: Thursday, April 20th, 2023 at 5 p.m. PT | 8 p.m. ET
Ends: Sunday, April 23rd, 2023 at 4:59 p.m. PT | 7:59 p.m. ET
First Appearance (March 2023)
Begins: Thursday, March 23rd, 2023 at 5 p.m. PT | 8 p.m. ET
Ends: Sunday, March 26th, 2023 at 4:59 p.m. PT | 7:59 p.m. ET
Pokémon featured – Blissey
Blissey’s 5-Star Tera Raid Battles will be boosted during this weekend-long event and all 18 different Tera Types are possibilities.
While Blissey is typically found in 5- and 6-Star Raids in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet regardless if an event is happening or not, these Tera Raid Battles will feature item bonuses. According to the official announcement from The Pokémon Company, “[d]efeating Blissey will yield some delightful rewards, such as various Tera Shards and bouns Exp. Candies. Lucky Trainers might even encounter a Blissey that grants loads of additional Tera Shards with different Tera Types!”
HOW DO I FIND THE 5-STAR TERA RAID BATTLE CRYSTALS?
To determine if a Tera Raid crystal features the Pokémon starring in this event, the Tera Raid icon will have a glow to it on the overworld map. Plus, there will be a distinct aura surrounding the Tera Raid crystal.
A Tera Raid crystal featuring an event Pokémon. Initially shared by The Pokémon Company when announcing the Eevee Spotlight event.
Will this Blissey have any special abilities, moves, titles, or marks?
No. Since the event is about boosting the rates for 5-Star Tera Raids, Blissey won’t have any special titles or marks.
Still, you can expect the following stats for Blissey caught during this event:
Pokémon (5-Star Tera Raid Battle)
- Level: 75
- Ability: Random, Healer (Hidden Ability) possible
- Tera Type: One of 18 different Tera Types
- Heal Pulse
- Last Resort
- Seismic Toss
What items will be issued as rewards when defeating Blissey?
Upon defeating Blissey, Trainers are guaranteed to get one the following bundled items:
- Bundle 1: Fire Tera Shards, Water Tera Shards, Grass Tera Shards, and Tera Shards of the Blissey’s Tera Type.
- Bundle 2: Ice Tera Shards, Poison Tera Shards, Rock Tera Shards, and Tera Shards of the Blissey’s Tera Type.
- Bundle 3: Dark Tera Shards, Bug Tera Shards, Psychic Tera Shards, and Tera Shards of the Blissey’s Tera Type.
- Bundle 4: Ground Tera Shards, Flying Tera Shards, Electric Tera Shards, and Tera Shards of the Blissey’s Tera Type.
- Bundle 5: Ghost Tera Shards, Fighting Tera Shards, Normal Tera Shards, and Tera Shards of the Blissey’s Tera Type.
- Bundle 6: Steel Tera Shards, Fairy Tera Shards, Dragon Tera Shards, and Tera Shards of the Blissey’s Tera Type.
- Bundle 7: Fire Tera Shards, Water Tera Shards, Grass Tera Shards, Ice Tera Shards, Poison Tera Shards, Rock Tera Shards, Dark Tera Shards, Bug Tera Shards, Psychic Tera Shards, and Tera Shards of the Blissey’s Tera Type.
- Bundle 8: Ground Tera Shards, Flying Tera Shards, Electric Tera Shards, Ghost Tera Shards, Fighting Tera Shards, Normal Tera Shards, Steel Tera Shards, Fairy Tera Shards, Dragon Tera Shards, and Tera Shards of the Blissey’s Tera Type.
As well as some of the following additional items:
- Exp. Candy L
- Exp. Candy XL
- Rare Candy
- Tera Shards (of the Blissey’s Tera Type)
What is required to participate in 5-Star Tera Raid Battle events?
In order to unlock these special Tera Raid Battle events, players will need the following:
- A copy of Pokémon Scarlet and/or Violet
- An internet connection in order to download the latest Poké Portal News
- If you don’t have the newest Poké Portal News, you can force an update by going to the game’s menu, selecting Mystery Gift, and then selecting Check Poké Portal News.
- Note: According to The Pokémon Company and Nintendo, you do not need an active Nintendo Switch Online membership to access the Poké Portal News and receive the latest updates.
- Completing specific post-game event(s).
- For 1- and 2-Star Tera Raid Battles, you can access them once you’ve completed the game’s tutorial.
- For 3-Star Tera Raid Battles, you’ll need to acquire 3 Gym Badges.
- For 4-Star Tera Raid Battles, you’ll need to acquire 7 Gym Badges.
- For 5-Star Tera Raid Battles, you’ll need to complete the main campaign of the game and see the credits roll.
- If you haven’t met any of the requirements above, don’t worry: you can instead join another Trainer’s Tera Raid Battle via a multiplayer group or using a Link Code.
- If Trainers wish to play with others online, they’ll also need the following: an active Nintendo Switch Online membership (paid, in good standing).
How many Blissey can I catch during this event?
There is no catch-limit to Blissey here. You’re only limited by time and how many Tera Raid Battles you can complete during the event.
Will there be any additional special Tera Raid Battles during this event?
Technically yes, as this Tera Raid Battle event overlaps with other events:
- April 2023: the second weekend of the Unrivaled Typholsion Tera Raid Battle event.
- March 2023: the second weekend of the Unrivaled Decidueye Tera Raid Battle event.
More Pokémon Scarlet and Violet guides
Looking for more help with Pokémon Scarlet and Violet? Check out our other guides!
Leave a Comment