Nintendo has provided a fiscal update, detailing both results and forecasts for its investors. Among that is an update to their list of Top-Selling Titles for Nintendo Switch, where plenty of familiar games are still going strong, and one 2021 contender has made its presence known.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 43.35 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 37.62 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 27.40 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 25.80 million
- Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield – 23.90 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 23.02 million
- Super Mario Party – 17.39 million
- Pokémon: Let’s Go! Pikachu and Eevee – 14.33 million
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl – 13.97 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 13.53 million
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl made the biggest impact last year, having just been released in November and still coming in as the ninth best-selling game for the system. With Pokémon Legends: Arceus now on the scene, it wouldn’t be surprising to see nearly half of this list composed of Pokémon titles in the future.
Still, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe remains untouchable at the top. Animal Crossing: New Horizons has also carved its place at second by a sizable margin, before the numbers get a little tighter together.
Nintendo’s not slowing down, with the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild no doubt in a prime position to climb this chart once it releases (hopefully) in 2022.
Leave a Comment