Nintendo’s Indie World Showcase not only spotlighted a number of indie titles, but also announced plenty of new games launching today on the Nintendo Switch! Alongside Axiom Verge 2, check out the six other games you can now play for yourself on the Switch.
Necrobarista: Final Pour
“This is a story about death and coffee.”
In a story about coffee and death, this anime-style visual novel follows a dynamic cast of characters as they navigate a fantasy Melbourne’s coffee culture, the questionable ethics of necromancy and the process of letting go. This expanded Director’s Cut of the original game features new story content and remastered visuals. There’s even a new Studio mode where players can create their own dialogue and stories.
Necrobarista: Final Pour launches as a timed console exclusive on the Nintendo Switch. You can purchase the game digitally and with a launch discount too via the Nintendo eShop.
Become the Guardian of the Grove and explore a vibrant island to inspire its inhabitants, fend off the invasive Rot and rebuild your home. Take on requests from villagers, solve puzzles and do everything you can to help restore the community!
Garden Story is also a timed console exclusive for the Nintendo Switch. You can pick it up today for $19.99 via the Nintendo eShop.
Slime Rancher: Plortable Edition
Slime Rancher is the tale of Beatrix LeBeau, a plucky, young rancher who sets out for a life a thousand light years away from Earth on the ‘Far, Far Range’ where she tries her hand at making a living wrangling slimes.
- Grow crops and raise chickadoos to feed your collection of hungry slimes.
- Complete daily requests from other ranchers to get bonus rewards.
- Earn money to upgrade your vacpack, build more corrals, or expand your ranch.
- Use Slime Science to find rare resources, craft decorations, and create gadgets that will help you on your adventures.
- Explore a sprawling world loaded with lots of secrets and hidden treasures.
Get Slime Rancher: Plortable Edition digitally on the Nintendo eShop for $24.99 today.
For your summer job, you’re tasked with clearing the creatures in “the dunj”. Soon you discover weapons you find transform into cuties… and they’re SINGLE! (What a craaazy coincidence because you also happen to be up for grabs yourself.)
Spend the cash you earn on romantic outings to forge precious moments with your lovers and work together to clear the rampant monster infestations, because after all, a couple that slays together, stays together.
Slipping from its original 2020 release, you can now romance up to nine weapons in Boyfriend Dungeon! Get it digitally on the Nintendo Switch for $19.99 via the Nintendo eShop.
ISLANDERS: Console Edition
This relaxing, procedurally generated strategy game sees you developing an island by placing buildings from your inventory. Score enough points and you’ll get more buildings with which to keep growing your island settlement. Then, when you can’t build any further, just start from scratch and do it all again on a different island. With its minimalist approach, intuitive mechanics and almost infinite colorful islands to build on, ISLANDERS lets you create the city of your dreams over and over in no time at all.
Try this minimalistic, island-building game for yourself by getting it for $4.99 on the Nintendo eShop. After all, this is yet another timed console exclusive for Nintendo!
Curious Expedition 2
Curious Expedition 2 comes to Nintendo Switch™! Discover a turn-based narrative roguelike set in a reimagined version of the late 19th century. Weaving procedural gameplay that masterfully combines compelling story elements to create epic adventures every time you play.
- Explore mysterious worlds in a variety of biomes, each featuring a new combination of dangers and opportunities.
- Manage your resources to keep your trek alive and sanity high. Balance greed against your survival needs to find glory without perishing.
- Procedural storytelling makes every adventure unique. Your characters form relationships, change loyalty, develop illnesses, and more in response to the environment and your decisions.
- Embark on an epic campaign that combines roaming risk/reward gameplay with handcrafted stories to create a narrative experience that can be played again and again.
- The Director Mode adds modifiers and features to every expedition that will make your adventures boundless in scope and even more challenging!
- Dice-based combat mechanics require a combination of luck, strategy and guile to emerge victorious against fierce wild animals and legendary creatures.
- Participate in weekly Club Competitions by joining one of the Explorer Clubs online and take on specific challenges in a race against time for even more rewards!
Explore the world of Curious Expedition 2 and its procedurally generated lands for $19.99 via the Nintendo eShop.
Whew! Quite the selection there and you’ll find at least another game or two (or want all six) to add to your Nintendo Switch library.
Leave a Comment