June is almost over which means the long-anticipated Version 1.0.5 update for Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town should be here soon in its localized glory. Initially released last month in Japan, the update was delayed for western regions due to the amount of new dialogue and text as addressed by XSEED Games earlier this month. Today, they have some good news as Version 1.0.5 will be available Saturday, June 26th. XSEED posted the following statement on the site’s blog:
We previously announced that the gap in release between the Japanese version of the 1.0.5 patch and our version was due to the large volume of additional text that had to be localized into English, French, German, and Spanish. However, even with that completed we have run into issues with certification that affect the North American version. We are working to complete the process as quickly as possible, and right now we are working towards 1.0.5 releasing on Saturday, June 26. We apologize again for the inconvenience, and we are sincerely grateful for the support and patience of all STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town fans.
As a reminder, Version 1.0.5 fixes include the following:
- Changes the functionality of makers to make them easier to use
Makers can now be pre-loaded with enough materials to continually make up to 10 items of the same type
- Adds the ability to sidestep and lock movement in a straight line
Hold the L Button or R Button while moving with the Left Stick to lock your movement in left, right, up, or down direction
- Adds a heart gauge visual during dialogue with marriage candidates
- Improves some issues that caused lag
- Removes the need to press the A Button when moving from indoors to outdoors
- Adjusts some cooking times
- Adjusts some of the residents’ existing dialogue and adds new dialogue
- Changes characters’ responses when giving a present, confession, or proposing multiple times in one day
- Adds new visuals for different meals
In addition to the news about this update, further details concerning Version 1.0.6, available in July, were released:
- Makes it easier to see who is running the event at festivals
- Adds an event for when the player participates in the Egg Festival by themself
- Add the ability to change your child/your animals’ names
The option to change your child/your animals’ names has been added to available blessings at the shrine
- Improves visuals when completing town requests
- Improves visuals when upgrading tools
- Improves character behavior when talking to villagers who are eating, fishing, etc.
- Implements a new message when returning home at 2AM
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze after the child adoption event when several events occur in succession
- Fixes an issue where the load screen could freeze when leaving a coop
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze during the Mushroom Hunt when picking up a mushroom after changing the camera distance in a certain area
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze when the player interacts with an animal immediately before it returns to its coop or barn
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze when starting the game with no controller connected
- Fixes an issue where pressing the A button repeatedly while moving in front of an unrepaired farm facility could cause actions that use the A button, such as picking up items, to not work
- Other minor bug fixes
As for the game’s ongoing DLC, the third wave was released this Thursday. Now, the Terracotta Oasis awaits! There you’ll find four familiar faces from the Nintendo 3DS game Story of Seasons. Players that own the DLC can now visit Raeger, Iris, Giorgio, and Marian. Plus, Raeger and Iris are eligible marriage candidates in Pioneers of Olive Town! In addition to this DLC release, a cosmetic costume of the previously Europe-exclusive Fox Costume DLC is available to purchase separately for $1.99.
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town’s Expansion Pass is available for $19.99 via the Nintendo eShop.
Leave a Comment