For farming sim fans that have built a homestead in Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, the parade of version updates have been a welcomed addition. From fixing loading times and bugs to changing the game’s maker machine functions and adding new dialogue, everyone has had their eyes on the latter’s release in the Version 1.0.5 update. While promised to be released at the end of May for the Japanese versions of the game, players in the west have been eagerly awaiting the update to appear.
Last Friday, XSEED Games released a blog post addressing Version 1.0.5 (scheduled for later this month) as well as the planned Version 1.0.6 update:
Version 1.0.5 Notes
- Changes the functionality of makers to make them easier to use
Makers can now be pre-loaded with enough materials to continually make up to 10 items of the same type
- Adds the ability to sidestep and lock movement in a straight line
Hold the L Button or R Button while moving with the Left Stick to lock your movement in left, right, up, or down direction
- Adds a heart gauge visual during dialogue with marriage candidates
- Improves some issues that caused lag
- Removes the need to press the A Button when moving from indoors to outdoors
- Adjusts some cooking times
- Adjusts some of the residents’ existing dialogue and adds new dialogue
- Changes characters’ responses when giving a present, confession, or proposing multiple times in one day
- Adds new visuals for different meals
As for why the “delay” (Version 1.0.5 wasn’t given a western release date, but some assumed the “end of May” date applied for all regions), the localization team for Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town also made the following comment:
We know that everyone is eagerly awaiting version 1.0.5, and so we wanted to provide background on why we have a gap between releases this time. In addition to updates to the game’s systems, version 1.0.5 features a hefty overhaul of dialogue for the marriage candidates. (Our localization team is very excited about it.) For the sake of parity between versions, it was necessary to keep the same content as the Japanese version 1.0.5 this time, which meant that we couldn’t separate the text updates from the feature updates. In addition to localizing this new text from Japanese to English and checking it in game, our English text was translated into French, German, and Spanish, which adds to the overall schedule. As fans ourselves, we completely understand how frustrating it is to see content release in other regions first, and our whole Olive Town team is working as hard as we can to bring you version 1.0.5 as soon as we can get all four languages fully checked and approved for release. We’re sorry to keep you waiting, and we’ll continue to work hard to provide you all with the best STORY OF SEASONS experience possible. Thank you so much for your patience.
As for Version 1.0.6, which “will be implemented at a future date”, it’ll include:
- Adjust the Egg Festival when the player participates alone
- Adds the ability to change the sounds animals make
- Other minor bug fixes
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is exclusively on the Nintendo Switch and has even more add-on content via a DLC Expansion Pass.
Leave a Comment