The makers of Rocket League, Psyonix, are no strangers to marketing partnerships and collaborations. Having held in-game events featuring the likes of Ghostbusters and even the National Football League, a new tie-in with NASCAR isn’t too far-fetched. Previously announced late last month, we knew that Rocket League would be getting new promotional cosmetic packs featuring NASCAR and F1 Racing, yet today we’re discovering there’s more in store for NASCAR fans. Unlike previous brand partnerships, the NASCAR cosmetics will be part of a new multi-year collaboration as we’ll see new cosmetics added to the game, and then subsequently re-run during real-world NASCAR races and events.
The first content drop as part of the partnership will be “The NASCAR 2021 Fan Pack” and is set to race into the game this Thursday, May 6th to celebrate the NASCAR Cup Series race at Darlington Raceway, which will take place a few days later on Sunday, May 9th.
Here’s more info on the content pack straight from the official press release:
The NASCAR 2021 Fan Pack will be available in the Item Shop and features three Cars (NASCAR Ford Mustang, NASCAR Chevrolet Camaro, NASCAR Toyota Camry), nine NASCAR team Decals and Player Banners, a NASCAR x RL Decal for each car, and Goodyear Racing Wheels. The nine NASCAR teams featured in the pack, along with which car their Decals will be available for, are:
- Roush Fenway Racing #6 (NASCAR Ford Mustang Decal)
- Stewart-Haas Racing #10 (NASCAR Ford Mustang Decal)
- Team Penske #22 (NASCAR Ford Mustang Decal)
- Chip Ganassi Racing #1 (NASCAR Chevrolet Camaro Decal)
- Richard Childress Racing #3 (NASCAR Chevrolet Camaro Decal)
- Hendrick Motorsports #9 (NASCAR Chevrolet Camaro Decal)
- Richard Petty Motorsports #43 (NASCAR Chevrolet Camaro Decal)
- Joe Gibbs Racing #18 (NASCAR Toyota Camry Decal)
- 23XI Racing #23 (NASCAR Toyota Camry Decal)
The NASCAR 2021 Fan Pack will be available via the in-game store for 2,000 credits from Thursday, May 6th to Wednesday, May 12th. A free NASCAR Trail will also be made available to all players beginning on May 6th. Check out the official Rocket League blog for more details on this new partnership, its first content drop, as well as a closer look at all of the new NASCAR-themed cars!
[crfp] Leave a Comment