Following a very busy April, May is looking just as eventful for Pokémon GO players, with a slew of new events and obtainable Pokémon. The latest Pokémon GO blog post reveals that many Legendaries will be up for grabs, including Xerneas, Yveltal, and Shadow Moltres, along with new challenges, rewards, and events.
Throughout the month of May, the following Legendary Pokémon will be appearing in five-star Raids:
- Incarnate Forme Tornadus, Incarnate Forme Thundurus, and Incarnate Forme Landorus: Now until Tuesday, May 4th at 10 a.m. local time.
- Xerneas: From Tuesday, May 4th, at 10 a.m. until Tuesday, May 18th, at 10 a.m. local time.
- Yveltal: From Tuesday, May 18th, at 10 a.m. until Tuesday, June 1st, at 10 a.m. local time.
Mega Raids will also feature the following Mega-Evolved Pokémon:
- Mega Lopunny, and Mega Abomasnow: Now until Tuesday, May 4th, at 10 a.m. local time.
- Mega Venusaur: Now until Saturday, May 15th, at 5 p.m. local time.
- Mega Charizard Y, and Mega Lopunny: From Tuesday, May 4th, at 10 a.m. to Saturday, May 15th, at 5 p.m. local time.
- Mega Ampharos, Mega Houndoom, and a “surprise Mega-Evolved Pokémon:” From Saturday, May 15th, at 5 p.m. to Tuesday, June 1st, at 10 a.m. local time.
In addition, each Wednesday in May will hold a Raid Hour event featuring that week’s respective Raid Pokémon from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time.
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
As always, Pokémon Spotlight Hours will occur every Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time. Here are the following featured Spotlight Pokémon throughout, along with their respective bonuses:
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021: Cottonee, double catch Candy.
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021: Dratini, double transfer Candy.
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021: Alolan Rattata, double evolution XP.
- Tuesday, May 25, 2021: Marill double catch Stardust.
- New Pokémon Snap Celebration: This new event celebrating New Pokémon Snap’s launch will take place on Thursday, April 29th, at 10 a.m. to Sunday, May 2nd, at 8 p.m. local time. You can find more details in our previous report.
- Luminous Legends X: Various Dragon- and Fairy-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild, including some all-new additions from Tuesday, May 4th, to Monday, May 17th. New challenges will also appear during the second week of this event.
- May Community Day: Held on Saturday, May 15th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time, Niantic says details on the next Community Day event “will be revealed in an upcoming blog post.”
- Luminous Legends Y: Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild and Team GO Rocket are “planning on causing some trouble” from Tuesday, May 18th, to Monday, May 31st. New challenges will also appear during the second week of this event.
- Save Shadow Moltres from Giovanni: You will have a chance to rescue Shadow Moltres after defeating Giovanni. You can unlock the encounter by obtaining a Super Rocket Radar from the latest Team GO Rocket Special Research task, “The Higher They Fly…” or from Timed Research during the Luminous Legends X event.
- May Research Breakthrough encounters: Galarian Ponyta will appear in Research Breakthrough encounters from Saturday, May 1st at 1 p.m. to Tuesday, June 1st, at 1 p.m. PT.
- Weekly free bundles: A free one-time bundle containing a Remote Raid Pass and other items will be available in the shop every Monday in May.
Leave a Comment