Next month is looking to be as busy as ever for Pokémon GO players, especially for Legendary hunters. The official Pokémon GO blog has been updated with all of the events trainers should be looking out for throughout April.
Shadow Zapdos, Snivy Community Day, and more
- Giovanni’s Shadow Zapdos: Upon completing “The Higher They Fly…” Special Research tasks or the Timed Research available during the first week of April, players will unlock the Super Rocket Radar to take on Giovanni once again. This time, the Team GO Rocket boss has a Shadow Zapdos waiting to be saved.
- April Research Breakthrough encounters: Male Frillish will appear in Research Breakthrough encounters from Thursday, April 1st, at 1 p.m. PT to Saturday, May 1st, at 1 p.m. PT.
- April Community Day featuring Snivy: On Sunday, April 11th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. your local time, you can evolve Servine during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Serperior that knows the move Frenzy Plant.
- Weekly free bundles: A free one-time bundle containing a Remote Raid Pass and other items will be available in the shop every Monday in April.
Five-star raids and Mega Raids
Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus, the Gen 5 Legendary trio collectively known as the Forces of Nature, will appear in five-star raids throughout April.
- Therian Forme Tornadus: Tuesday, March 30th, 10 a.m. until Tuesday, April 13th, 10 a.m. your local time.
- Therian Forme Landorus: Tuesday, April 13th, 10 a.m. until Tuesday, April 27th, 10 a.m. your local time.
- Incarnate Forme Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus: Tuesday, April 27th, 10 a.m. your local time.
As for Mega Raids, the following Mega-Evolved Pokémon appear, and you’ll gain extra XP for completing five-star raids throughout the Season of Legends. Raid Hours will occur every Wednesday in April from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. your local time
- Mega Houndoom, Mega Manectric, and Mega Abomasnow: Now until Sunday, April 4, at 10 a.m. your local time.
- A “surprise” Mega-Evolved Pokémon: Starts Sunday, April 4th, at 10 a.m. your local time and available for the rest of the month.
- Mega Gengar and Mega Manectric: Monday, April 5th, at 10 a.m. to Tuesday, April 20th, at 10 a.m. your local time.
- Mega Venusaur and Mega Abomasnow: Starts on Tuesday, April 20th, at 10 a.m. your local time.
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
Throughout April, Pokémon Spotlight Hour (which takes place every Tuesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time) will feature the following Pokémon and special bonuses:
- April 6th: Buneary, double Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- April 13th: Mankey, double XP for evolving Pokémon.
- April 20th: Grimer, double Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- April 27th: Finneon, double XP for catching Pokémon.
Upcoming new events
- Team GO Rocket Timed Research: Complete for a chance to get a Super Rocket Radar and battle Giovanni from Thursday, April 1st, at 12 a.m. to Thursday, April 8th, at 11:59 p.m. your local time.
- Spring into Spring: Chansey, Blissey, and Happiny will appear wearing flower crowns, along with other “spring- and Egg-themed surprises” from Sunday, April 4th, to Thursday, April 8th.
- Rivals’ Week: Pokémon “that are rivals” will appear from Tuesday, April 13th, to Sunday, April 18th.
- Sustainability Week: Pokémon like Grimer, Trubbish, and more will appear more often in the wild from Tuesday, April 20th, to Sunday, April 25th.
- Friendship Day: A new event celebrating friendship starts on Saturday, April 24th.
The blog also notes that “April will end with a snappy event that will continue into May,” with more details to come later in April.
In other huge Pokémon GO news, developer Niantic revealed earlier this month a proof-of-concept video demonstrating the company’s collaboration with Microsoft and HoloLens, which aims to bring Pokémon GO more prominently into the world of AR.
Leave a Comment