For quite a while, before it gained recognition and acclaim on its own merits, Undertale was often spoken of via its similarities to the Mother series. Considering just how beloved that trilogy is, I’d call it a compliment. Now it looks like another indie effort is aiming for a similar association.
Oddventure has been in development for a while, with the above trailer being nearly a year old as of this writing. It’s been announced, though, that it’s aiming for a 2022 release on both Switch and PC. An Oddventure Kickstarter will be held to support that development, and is set to launch on May 6th.
If you want to know a little more about the game, you can give the Oddventure demo a try through Steam now, and read the following description from a provided press release:
Leave a Comment
Oddventure is a JRPG about the misadventures of Charlie – a nihilistic and rebellious teenage girl with anger issues and social awkwardness. Charlie searches for her troublesome brother Bonzo and ultimately for a way back home. The setting is the Kingdom of Luxia, a land straight from original Grimm Brothers’ fairy tales with a dark, Nietzschean twist.
- Meaningful choices – EVERY decision matters, sometimes in the most unpredictable ways.
- The friendly RPG where nobody has to die… but can. In a horrible way.
- Countless hidden secrets reference to pop culture and fairy tales.
- Bitter-sweet comedy mixed with some coziness and dark humor.
- Frog milk as a currency.
- A life-changing gaming experience.