Released late last year for last-gen consoles and PC, the remaster of the 2012 Action-RPG Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has now been announced for Nintendo Switch! The title was a hidden gem in its time, developed by 38 Studios and Big Huge Games and helmed by The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, the creator of Spawn Todd McFarlane, and best-selling author R. A. Salvatore. That embarrassment of creative riches is accented by a soundtrack which was composed by none other than the man, the myth, the legend: Grant Kirkhope.
Also announced was the game’s forthcoming all-new DLC expansion, Fatesworn, which will be released for Switch later this year alongside the other platforms!
Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning will be released for the Switch on March 16th, and is available to pre-order now. Here’s some more detailed info on this high-fantasy classic from THQ Nordic’s official announcement, along with a fresh trailer to mark the occasion!
- Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor.
- The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play.
- Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills.
- Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
- Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
- Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
- Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy – all central to the primary mission.
- Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
- Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having “more content than any single-player game deserves!”
Leave a Comment