As the winter season is upon us, Pokémon GO trainers are finally getting their first glimpse as to what events will take place in the final month of 2020. Thanks to Niantic and The Pokémon Company publishing the December roundup of news on the official Pokémon GO blog, we know what will be leaving and coming to the mobile game next week.
For starters, as the level cap increases to level 50, players will be able to easily rise in the ranks through GO Beyond’s special double catch XP bonus. The experience point extravaganza began previously on November 18th and will be concluding on Thursday, December 31st.
Replacing Mega Blastoise next month, Mega Abomasnow will be making their first raid appearance beginning Tuesday, December 1st, and ending on Friday, January 1st. On top of Abomasnow, trainers will have the opportunity to once again catch the legendary boundary Pokémon Kyurem at five-star raid battles during the same time. Meanwhile, Research Breakthrough encounters will contain either Lapras or Unovan Darumaka.
The roster for the Pokémon Spotlight Hour taking place every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. (your local time) has been shared. Get ready for a surprise on Tuesday, December 15th:
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020: Seel will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020: Swinub will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020: A surprise Pokémon will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, December 22, 2020: Snorunt will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- Tuesday, December 29, 2020: Snover will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
Finally, to end things off, Niantic has provided players with a small teaser as to some of the few accessibility changes coming to Pokémon GO next month. Managing your Pokémon will soon become easier as Pokémon tagging will allow trainers to color coordinate their pocket monsters to their liking. The Pokémon search function will also be heavily expanded upon with recommendations such as Pokémon Type, Region, Buddy Level, Shiny, and more. If and when more details are released in the next news update we will be sure to let you all know!
Leave a Comment