Welcome to Speedrun Sunday: that sadistic time of the week when we dare to challenge both your D-pad’s durability and sanity’s stamina with the ultimate test in video game bragging rights.
Hot off the rainbow colored trail of our Runner3 challenge comes another ruthless run that’ll leave you up close courtside and grunting with glee. That’s right, fans of yellow balls and netted walls: We’re serving up some Mario Tennis Aces in search of the most acrobatic athletes the Mushroom Kingdom has ever seen.
Who can get the fastest time whacking weeds in the Adventure Mode stage Piranha Plant Habitat?
Our claim to fame is 93, which should prove quite the challenge for even the rowdiest of racketeers among you. The player with the fastest time by 12:00 a.m. PT will win a $10 eShop card (North America), along with the illustrious title Pelter of Piranha Plants.
- Feel free to wield whichever racquet you like!
- All submissions must be made using the Switch’s 30 second video capture feature ending with your Stage Clear time (as shown below). No photos necessary.
- Since the countdown timer is inconsistent, please share both your starting and finishing time in the tweet containing your video capture.
- In the instance of a tie, we’ll settle things in Smash live later during the week using various level 50 amiibo representing the winners.
- Feel free to improve upon and submit new scores as many times as you like.
Follow @NinWire and @tater_n_tots on Twitter and retweet this post to qualify for today’s cash prize. After that, simply share your video in the Twitter comments and we’ll personally send both your winnings and a social media shoutout within the week.
We’ll be keeping score right here in the article all day, too, so you can easily keep track where your top rivals rank. Also, feel free to tune in to our Mario Tennis Aces livestream at 12:00 p.m. PT where I’ll personally be contending alongside today’s top competitors for fame and glory.
So whaddya say? Ready to swing with some swagger? To quote those pesky Piranha Plants themselves, “GWARGH! HURGLE BURGLE PLBBBT!”
Pelter of Piranha Plants
1. @RisingVexx 
Body Shot Shlubs
Leave a Comment