Welcome to Speedrun Sunday: that sadistic time of the week when we dare to challenge both your D-pad’s durability and sanity’s stamina with the ultimate test in video game bragging rights.
Hot off the ink soaked kicks of our Splatoon 2 challenge comes another ruthless run that’ll leave you writhing in rhythmic bliss. That’s right, fans of tripped up tunes and kooky cartoons: We’re bouncin’ to the beat of Runner3 in search of the bit trippiest trackman Food World has ever seen.
Playing as CommandGirlVideo, who can get the highest score sprinting through stage 1-1: The Milky Way?
Our claim to fame is 1,185,000, which should prove quite the challenge for even the speediest of sprinters among you. The runner with the fastest time by 12:00 a.m. PT will win a coveted $10 eShop card (North America), along with the illustrious title Marathoner of Milky Ways.
- All participants must play as CommandGirlVideo. Use of any other character won’t qualify you for today’s cash prize.
- Feel free to don whatever costumes, accessories, or capes you like!
- All submissions must be made using the Switch’s photo capture feature showing your end-stage high score (as shown below).
- Make sure to add your Twitter handle to snapshots so we know it was you.
- We may ask potential winners to submit their friend codes to verify leaderboard scores.
- In the instance of a tie, we’ll settle things in Smash live later during the week using various level 50 amiibo representing the winners.
- Feel free to improve upon and submit new scores as many times as you like.
- Switch version only.
Follow @NinWire and @tater_n_tots on Twitter and retweet this post to qualify for today’s cash prize. After that, simply share your snapshot in the Twitter comments and we’ll personally send both your winnings and a social media shoutout within the week.
We’ll be keeping score right here in the article all day, too, so you can easily keep track where your top rivals rank. Also, feel free to tune in to our Runner3 livestream at 5:00 p.m. PT where I’ll personally be contending alongside today’s top competitors for fame and glory.
So whaddya say? Ready to dance through the danger? To quote the game’s neurotic narrator and famous voice of Mario himself, “I’m Charles Martinet, and you’re not.”
Marathoner of Milky Ways
1. @tater_n_tots [1,419,500]
Bit Trip Troublemakers
Leave a Comment