Welcome to Speedrun Sunday: that sadistic time of the week when we dare to challenge both your D-pad’s durability and sanity’s stamina with the ultimate test in video game bragging rights.
Hot off the animal antics of our potassium fueled Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze challenge comes yet another ruthless run that’ll fry your circuits and leave you sobbing in scrap heaps. That’s right, fans of super fighting robots with a wily disposition: We’re charging up our Mega Busters for a ridiculous romp through Mega Man Legacy Collection.
Who can get the fastest time blasting through challenge stage MM2 Robot Rush?
Our claim to fame is 01:51:28, which has potential to break even the most battle-hardened of bombers among you. The mega maniac with the fastest time by 12:00 a.m. PT will win a coveted $10 eShop card (North America), along with the illustrious title Dr. Light’s Best Bot Busting Boy. (Sorry, Proto Man.)
- All submissions must be made using the Switch’s 30 second video capture feature ending with the challenge results screen (as shown below). No leaderboard snapshots or replay videos will be admissible. All runs must be made fresh.
- No glitch warping allowed. All runs must involve taking out each Robot Master by legitimate means.
- Make sure your in-game alias either matches or closely resembles your Twitter handle so we know it was you.
- In the instance of a tie, we’ll settle things in Smash live later during the week using various level 50 amiibo representing the winners.
- Feel free to improve upon and submit new scores as many times as you like.
- Switch version only.
Follow @NinWire and @tater_n_tots on Twitter and retweet this post to qualify for today’s cash prize. After that, simply share your video in the Twitter comments, and we’ll personally send both your winnings and a social media shoutout within the week.
We’ll be keeping score right here in the article all day, too, so you can easily keep track where your top rivals rank. Also, feel free to tune in to our Mega Man Legacy Collection livestream at 2:00 p.m. PT where I’ll personally be contending alongside today’s top competitors for fame and glory.
So whaddya say? Ready to reprimand some Reploids? To quote the maliciously mustached scientist himself, “Wha… Why you insolent fool! I will crush you with a loud, loud crunch!”
Dr. Light’s Best Bot Busting Boy
1. @RStar5075 [01:36:25]