Welcome to Speedrun Sunday: that sadistic time of the week when we dare to challenge both your D-pad’s durability and sanity’s stamina with the ultimate test in video game bragging rights.
Hot off the Koopa crusted kicks of our salty Super Mario Odyssey challenge comes yet another ruthless run that’ll leave you buried in bananas and bawling in barrels. That’s right, fans of Kremling covered countries and animal antics: We’re gittin’ gud for a freshly frozen foray through Donkey County Country: Tropical Freeze.
Who can get the fastest time barreling through Busted Bayou (Level 1-B) as Funky Kong?
Our claim to fame is 00:58.59, which has potential to break even the most cantankerous of Kongs among you. The agile ape with the fastest time by 12:00 a.m. PT will win a coveted $10 eShop card (North America), along with the illustrious title King of Swing ‘n Swag.
- Participants must play as Funky Kong. No other characters will be accepted.
- All submissions must be made using the Switch’s 30 second video capture feature ending with your stage clear time (as shown below). No leaderboard snapshots or replay videos will be admissible. All runs must be made funky fresh.
- In the instance of a tie, we’ll settle things in Smash live later during the week using various level 50 amiibo representing the winners.
- Feel free to improve upon and submit new scores as many times as you like.
- Switch version only.
Follow @NinWire and @tater_n_tots on Twitter and retweet this post to qualify for today’s cash prize. After that, simply share your video in the Twitter comments, and we’ll personally send both your winnings and a social media shoutout within the week.
We’ll be keeping score right here in the article all day, too, so you can easily keep track where your top rivals rank. Also, feel free to tune in to our Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze livestream at 5:00 p.m. PT where I’ll personally be contending alongside today’s top competitors for fame and glory.
So whaddya say? Ready to go bananas for bandanas? To quote the bodacious bodysurfer himself, “Buckle up and blast off, you’re outta here!”
King of Swing ‘n Swag
1. @TonesBalones_ [00:53.39]