Three weeks ago, Fabraz’s Twitter account dropped the news that the Blackbird’s Kraken addition to Slime-san on the Nintendo Switch would be delayed. With an estimated month given, Fabraz is back today to confirm the update’s official release date.
Cancel your plans for Thursday, February 22nd, so you can dive into this free update!
On the same day, staff from Fabraz and possibly Headup Games will also be hosting an AMA (ask me anything) on the Nintendo Switch subreddit. Interested in asking a question or two? Follow Fabraz on Twitter to find out more!
We’ve posted the patch notes that Fabraz also shared with this announcement below. There’s even a chance we’ll see some improvements to what our Speedrun Sunday master, Matthew Weidner, mentioned in his review of the base game.
- Leaderboards: Compete online for the best level & speedrun times!
- Button Mapping: Remap all of your controls to your liking!
- HUE Slider: Entirely change the color palette of the game!
- Reduce Eye Strain: An option in case the game was too harsh for you!
- Krazy Karting Minigame: Item based, karting madness for 2 players!
- Gloomy Minigame: A scary, intense FPS arena survival game!
- Easy Tutorial: Accessible at any time for a gameplay refresher!
NEW CONTENT – BLACKBIRD’S CONTENT CAMPAIGN:
- A totally independent campaign from Slime-san! Are you ready for an aquatic adventure?
- 25 normal and 25 NG+ levels within a giant kraken!
- A brand new boss fight, can you beat the Kraken?!
- 10 new target mode challenges that will test your skills!
- A customizable house that you can style and furnish to your heart’s content!
- 100 Bananas to collect and spend on furniture and house themes!
- Exciting new mechanics like the submarine mode, acid bubbles and suction cups!
- A independent speedrunning mode to compete with in leaderboards!
- An entire tropical Island you can explore and discover with tons of new characters!
- Loads of new cutscenes and story elements to experience and enjoy!
- New secret characters and set-pieces to discover across your journey!
- New music by Mischa Perella!
- More neat secrets!
- Loading Times: Have been shortened!
- Start-up Times: Have been shortened as well!
- Scrolling Level Performance: Has been significantly improved!
- Various minor bug fixes.