Good news, fellow slime scuzzed scallywags! We’re inchworming ever closer to a release for Slime-san’s hotly anticipated expansion, Blackbird’s Kraken. The free update comes oozing with brand new features, adjustments and content to keep you slippin’ and slimin’ through the New Year — from online leaderboards, button mapping options and HUE sliders to a totally independent aquatic adventure sporting even more stages coated in collectibles.
You can check out the full version 1.1 patch notes right here:
- Leaderboards: Compete online for the best level & speedrun times!
- Button Mapping: Remap all of your controls to your liking!
- HUE Slider: Entirely change the color palette of the game!
- Reduce Eye Strain: An option in case the game was too harsh for you!
- Krazy Karting Minigame: Item based, karting madness for 2 players!
- Gloomy Minigame: A scary, intense FPS arena survival game!
- Easy Tutorial: Accessible at any time for a gameplay refresher!
NEW CONTENT – BLACKBIRD’S CONTENT CAMPAIGN:
- A totally independent campaign from Slime-san! Are you ready for an aquatic adventure?
- 25 normal and 25 NG+ levels within a giant kraken!
- A brand new boss fight, can you beat the Kraken?!
- 10 new target mode challenges that will test your skills!
- A customizable house that you can style and furnish to your heart’s content!
- 100 Bananas to collect and spend on furniture and house themes!
- Exciting new mechanics like the submarine mode, acid bubbles and suction cups!
- An independent speedrunning mode to compete with in leaderboards!
- An entire tropical Island you can explore and discover with tons of new characters!
- Loads of new cutscenes and story elements to experience and enjoy!
- New secret characters and set-pieces to discover across your journey!
- New music by Mischa Perella!
- More neat secrets!
- Loading Times: Have been shortened!
- Start-up Times: Have been shortened as well!
- Scrolling Level Performance: Has been significantly improved!
- Various minor bug fixes.
For those who missed the boat, Slime-san proved one of my favorite platformers this year upon its initial release back in August. Players squish in the membrane of the titular green goober himself as they jump, slide and slime their way through hundreds of obstacle-laden digestive tracts, all the while avoiding a rising tide of a relentless invertebrate’s deadly stomach acid. As outlined in our review, pixel precise controls, catchy chiptune tracks and a gorgeous crayon-colored aesthetic made this anatomical voyage through a worm’s gargantuan gut a must-play for genre enthusiasts that’s not to be passed by.
Look forward to Blackbird’s Kraken storming Nintendo Switch seas sometime in late December/early January. In the meantime, hoist your sails with hype by catching wind with the expansion’s original debut trailer.
Source: Fabraz PRLeave a Comment