UPDATE (Friday, March 31st, 2023 at 10:15 a.m. PT | 1:15 p.m. ET): The Lechonk celebration begins today! The Pokémon Company advertised this Lechonk promotion today, as well as announced that it’s part of the company’s year-long “Pokémon Together” brand campaign. For April 2023, Lechonk is the featured Pokémon and will be celebrated in a variety of ways:
- Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: Free code card distribution for a Flying Tera Type Lechonk at participating retailers (while supplies last).
- Pokémon TCG: Lechonk promo card distribution at participating retailers when $15 or more of qualifying Pokémon TCG products are purchased online or in-store (while supplies last).
- Pokémon Center: Lechonk-themed merchandise is available to purchase at Pokémon Center (US, Canada, and the UK).
- Pokémon UNITE: Lechonk-themed frame, stickers, and other items are available to claim for free until Monday, April 17th, 2023 at 5 p.m. PT | 8 p.m. ET.
- Pokémon TV: A selection of episodes spotlighting Pokémon and their love of Berries will be available to watch until Friday, April 14th, 2023.
- … and a Lechonk-focused short animation: A 3D animated short was published on TPC’s official Pokémon YouTube channel.
Below, you can find more details about the Flying Tera Type Lechonk Mystery Gift code card distribution and the Pokémon TCG promo card. There have been slight changes to the original article below (based on more information released by TPC).
Step aside Bidoof, it looks like you’ll have to start sharing April Fools’ Day with Lechonk from Pokémon Scarlet and Violet! GameStop announced yesterday that they’d be hosting a Mystery Gift code card redemption promotion starting this weekend. This will be the first code card for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (in the United States, at least) and will feature Lechonk, but not just any Lechonk. No, it’s a Flying Tera Type Lechonk… a flying pig essentially. Given the timing, it’s a bit meme-worthy.
This weekend – come to your local GameStop and pick up a code to redeem a Flying Tera-Type Lechonk for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.
Find a store near you: https://t.co/T90ZY9zpf3 pic.twitter.com/HWd4ZgixkC
— GameStop (@GameStop) March 28, 2023
Nintendo NY also announced they’ll be distributing the code cards at their store, as well as giving away a Lechonk poster (while supplies last).
This code distribution isn’t limited to the US, though. The Pokémon Company announced on Friday, March 31st, 2023 that Trainers in Canada can also pick up code cards at their local GameStop store. As for Trainers in Australia and New Zealand, visit your local EB Games and pick up a code card there!
While on the surface this looks like one way to celebrate April Fools’ Day, this promotion also lines up with the release of Pokémon TCG: Scarlet & Violet expansion (Update: It was also announced it’s part of a “Pokémon Together” brand campaign). As reported by PokéBeach, the code cards will be distributed for free starting on Friday, March 31st, 2023, and can be redeemed in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet (one code per copy of the game) until Friday, June 30th, 2023. In addition to this, a special Lechonk Pokémon TCG promo card will be given out.
From Left to Right: Lechonk GameStop promo card and Lechonk Best Buy promo card.
The Pokémon Company clarified on Friday that the promo card giveaway does require a $15 or more qualifying purchase of Pokémon TCG products. Not only that, but other retailers will be participating in the promotion:
- US: GameStop and Best Buy.
- Canada: GameStop and Best Buy.
- Australia and New Zealand: EB Games.
For those wanting to take part in this promotion, visit your local participating retailers starting this Friday, March 31st. Code cards will be available until supplies last.
Leave a Comment