In the wake of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s bug-ridden, glitchy launch, some websites have begun to report that Nintendo is dishing out refunds for the game. The framing of such reporting can suggest that Scarlet and Violet is a heinous case on par with the likes of Cyberpunk 2077 and other disastrous launches that had to be pulled – however, refunds for the game(s) are the same as any other on Nintendo Switch, presuming you purchased them digitally (if you purchased them physically, you’ll have to look at your specific storefront’s return policy). The steps are as follows:
- Go to Nintendo’s Customer Support Contact Page
- Click “Start Chat”
- Input name, email, and phone number.
- When asked what system you need help with, click Nintendo Switch.
- Click Downloads and Digital Content
- Click Nintendo eShop
- Click Refunds
- An agent will contact you to ask about why you want a refund. Explain your reasoning and they should offer you a refund.
So no, this is not some drastic new thing Nintendo is pulling out just because Scarlet and Violet have gotten a particularly vitriolic reception. Refunds are not guaranteed, but it appears several people have been successful so far, so if you’re truly unsatisfied with this (or any other product) you may as well ask.
Leave a Comment