Update (11/15/22): Get your hunting gear ready and be prepared to bring back 23,089,887 lbs of meat back to your wagon — The Oregon Trail is officially available on Switch!
The Oregon Trail™ by Gameloft—Experience The Oregon Trail™ like never before. A modern twist on the trials and tribulations of the road to Oregon, this official successor to the global phenomenon will immerse players in exhilarating journeys ranging from the historically accurate to the totally extreme. Players will pick their traveling party, stock the wagon with supplies, and embark on an adventure filled with tough choices, new dangers, and unexpected situations. Surviving blizzards, broken limbs, snakebites, exhaustion, starvation, and the dreaded dysentery is no small feat; all the while navigating an untamed frontier to get your party to their new life in Oregon before the winter. Track down a missing party in the aftermath of a fierce blizzard, transport volatile gunpowder through blistering desert heat, compete in challenging hunting mini-games, and meet a broad cast of historic figures. With procedurally selected random events where players’ choices affect their party and future game events, there’s always a new adventure on the horizon every time you play.
Always a New Adventure
• Build and name your party from different classes—each with their own starting items, skills, and personalities—to make every journey to Oregon unique.
• Overcome hundreds of random events where your choices affect the fate of your travelers, and are influenced by their unique skills and traits.
• Remember to take care of your party, wagon, and oxen, or they’ll become casualties of the trail.
• Take on 15 playable Journeys.
• Experience 7 Quests inspired by historical events.
• Monitor your party members’ health, morale, stamina and hygiene.
• Manage your inventory to squeeze everything you can into the wagon.
• Maintain your wagon to prevent breakdowns and inventory loss from spoiling or spillage.
• Learn about real people and places in your interactive Journal.
• Collect and learn about the many interesting animals you’ll see on the trail.
• Catch 80+ species in the new Fishing mini-game.
• Obtain 140+ achievements.
A staple of American school computer rooms for decades, The Oregon Trail has been ported to many platforms over the years, and now it’s the Switch’s turn.
Gameloft’s version of the game, which blends pixel-art character sprites with 3D backgrounds, promises to be faithful to the original while also adding new content such as a fresh fishing minigame and the introduction of playable Native American characters.
Check out the Switch announcement trailer below:
Gameloft’s The Oregon Trail will bring its historical horrors to Switch and PC later this month.
Leave a Comment