The Pokémon fan site Serebii.net recently got the chance to sit down with The Pokémon Company International for a demo of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.
While almost everything in the video has been spotlit in every prior trailer, it shows some direct gameplay, giving us a better look at just how the game will flow.
Some key tidbits of information include…
- Trainers needing to be talked to directly before initiating battle, meaning you can essentially skip every trainer
- Items having an aura to be more visible at a distance (red for items or gold for TMs)
- There’s an internal day/night cycle is within the game – it’s not based on the system clock
- Moves can be relearned from the menu as in Legends: Arceus
- The box can be accessed at any time
- Pokémon can be healed automatically with items from your bag
- Can change facial features and more at any time – only haircuts need you to visit a location
Serebii also caught the first Shiny Pokémon outside of the development team and can confirm they appear as Shiny on the overworld.
You can check out the video preview below or read the textual version over on Serebii.net.
Pokémon Scarlet and Violet launch in under a month on November 18th, 2022.