After missing its planned release in Spring 2021, Surviving the Aftermath reappeared during Nintendo’s September 2021 Direct. Now with a release date of Winter 2021, Surviving the Aftermath would not only be coming to Nintendo Switch, but it would also be escaping its Early Access status on Steam.
Paradox Interactive has refined the launch details a bit more today. Now releasing in Fall 2021, Surviving the Aftermath will be hitting its Version 1.0 on PC and launching on consoles on Tuesday, November 16th. The announcement was made on a blog post on the official Surviving the Aftermath site, complete with an explosive announcement video.
The end of the world is just the beginning
Survive and thrive in a post-apocalyptic future — resources are scarce but opportunity calls. Build the ultimate disaster proof colony, protect your colonists, and restore civilization to a devastated world. Go beyond the colony and explore the wastelands to gather resources, meet rival colonies, and fight off bandits.
- No Place Like Home – Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 61 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security.
- Surviving Earth – Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with resources, wildlife, rival societies and more. Each environment has different conditions that affect your colony’s survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters, dangerous animals, and bandits will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival is my Specialty – Recruit over 80 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected – Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Reputation Management – Every decision can have dire consequences on your colony’s survival. Your reputation with other societies will affect your ability to trade and can even affect your relationship with their leaders. Colonists have a mind of their own and will react to your choices.
- Defend the Gate – Fortify your gates and protect your colony from rampaging animals and deadly bandits. Enemies who breach the gate will pour into your colony, wreaking havoc on everything in their wake. Take command of your specialists and drive the invaders back.
You’ll be able to explore this wasteland for yourself for $29.99 via the Nintendo eShop next month on Tuesday, November 16th. While pre-orders for the game aren’t available, you can wishlist the title for now.
Leave a Comment