For reasons far beyond the comprehension of mere mortals, a swarm of Bidoof are about to descend upon the digital realm of Pokémon GO on Friday, June 25th. Shiny Bidoof will be hidden among the brown fluffy masses, which is the first time such variants will manifest within our GO reality. Even more mysterious is the length of time in which they will walk among us; such knowledge is also, sadly, beyond the grasp of our understanding.
When these Pokémon do depart from this plane of existence, what will they leave in their wake? Are these Bidoof the heralds of the end of days? Do they plan to build a dam large enough to block out the sun? Will anywhere be safe from the effects of their arrival?!
No one knows for sure, but what we do know is that they are coming, and we have been warned.
Here are the full details of this unsettling invasion straight from the official Pokémon GO blog post:
– Bidoof will be appearing more often in the wild, in raids, and in encounters after you complete event-exclusive Field Research! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Bidoof! Our preliminary research suggests that the rate at which Bidoof will be appearing in the wild will increase over the course of the event.
– On certain days of the event, Bidoof you encounter will know attacks that they normally cannot learn. On Thursday, July 1, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time, you can use a Charged TM to teach Bidoof any of these attacks. After the event, you can use an Elite Charged TM to do the same. During each of the times listed below, you can encounter Bidoof that know the following attacks.
- Shadow Ball: From Friday, June 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 26, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Thunderbolt: From Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- Ice Beam: From Tuesday, June 29, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
– Evolve Bidoof anytime during the event to get a Bibarel that knows Hyper Beam.
– Team GO Rocket has plans to cash in on the Bidoof Breakout and have turned more Bidoof into Shadow Pokémon, so get out there and save those Bidoof!
– You’ll be able to get Bidoof Gift stickers from spinning PokéStops and opening Gifts.
-On certain days throughout the week, different in-game bonuses will be available!
- 2× Catch XP: From Friday, June 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 26, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 3× Catch XP: From Sunday, June 27, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
- 4× Catch XP: From Tuesday, June 29, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 30, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. local time
Keep an eye out for more details on what’s to come Bidoof-wise on Monday, June 28, 2021! Ready or not, the Bidoof are coming. It’s an inevitable fact—an indomitable truth, even—and we must prepare. Let’s GO!
Good luck out there, Trainers… You’re going to need it.