Unbound: Worlds Apart, a magical Metroidvania from Romanian developer Alien Pixel, was finally given a release date during today’s IGN Expo livestream. This Kickstarter success has been in the works since 2018 and was originally planned to release last year. Just like many other titles currently in active development, however, it needed more time in the oven after the struggle that was 2020. Thankfully, the team at Alien Pixel was able to overcome the challenges of last year and bring their vision of a little mage named Soli to life.
Thanks to the latest trailer from the team, we now know that this portal-conjuring adventure will materialize onto the Switch this July!
During the annual celebration of The Guardian, the World of Vaiya is attacked by mysterious evil forces. A few wizards manage to escape the attack but the world is now corrupted and packed with malevolent creations. The only hope now relies on Soli, as the old wizards are now too weak to fight back. Seeking revenge, because he lost his dearest little brother in this unforgiving battle, Soli has to use all his powers and find the way to fight back the evil and restore the peace in the World.
- Explore the beauty and the danger of long forgotten hand crafted worlds through a dark fairy tale story. Unravel their secrets and their past through an extraordinary journey.
- A variety of magic portals that can help you to progress through the worlds and solve unique puzzles as they shape-shift creatures, reveal solutions or hurt you.
- Decide your path in a non-sequential level design of the worlds. Gather more knowledge about some puzzles that seems to be impossible at first and come back and apply what you learned.
- Encounter deadly monsters that lurk through the world preventing you from accomplishing your mission.
- A rich and beautiful soundtrack will set an epic mood and a wonderful experience
Unbound: Worlds Apart will open a portal onto Nintendo Switch on Wednesday, July 28th, and a free demo of the game will be made available soon on the Nintendo eShop!
Leave a Comment