Summer is nearly upon us, and that means it’s time to slow down and enjoy the most relaxing season of the year. The Pokémon Company understands this, and they’ve decided to ring in the season in the most leisurely way possible – with a Slowpoke event in Pokémon GO!
The event, titled ‘A Very Slow Discovery’, will mark the opening of the previously announced Season of Discovery with Slowpoke, Galarian Slowpoke, Mega Slowbro, and Galarian Slowbro all making an especially sluggish appearance for the duration of the event.
Here’s all the details straight from the official Pokémon GO blog post:
“Galarian Slowpoke will be making its Pokémon GO debut! You can evolve it into Galarian Slowbro by catching 30 Poison-type Pokémon when it’s your buddy. We’ve heard reports that Galarian Slowking is taking its time to make its Pokémon GO appearance. You could even say its arrival might be quite…slow.
- Mega Slowbro will make its Pokémon GO debut in Mega Raids! Keep an eye out for event-exclusive Field Research tasks that’ll reward Slowbro Mega Energy.
- Slowpoke, Slakoth, Gulpin, Spoink, and more will be appearing more often in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Slowbro or Vigoroth!
- Galarian Slowpoke, Alolan Grimer, Shellder, Shinx, and Timburr will be appearing in one-star raids. Snorlax, Slowking, Slaking, and Toxicroak will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Collect event-exclusive Field Research that’ll challenge you to complete difficult tasks for some very slow rewards.
- Complete a Slowpoke-themed Collection Challenge during the event to get the exclusive Slowpoke Forever Shirt avatar item, 30 Ultra Balls, and 3,000 XP.
- Pick up other Slowpoke-inspired avatar items in the shop!
- Spin PokéStops and open Gifts to collect new Slowpoke-themed Gift stickers to send to your friends.
- Be sure to pick up an event-exclusive free box in the shop that’ll contain 20 Poké Balls, 10 Great Balls, and a King’s Rock.”
A Very Slow Discovery will begin on Tuesday, June 8th, at 10 a.m. local time, and will run (or rather, slowly plod along) until Sunday, June 13th, at 8 p.m. local time.
Good luck out there, Trainers – remember to stay safe!
Leave a Comment