We’ve known for a while that the base roster of Samurai Warriors 5 would be 27 characters, both new and returning. Turns out that number isn’t quite correct, as 10 other characters will be playable at launch, but they won’t be quite as fleshed out as that original batch.
These characters, who play supporting roles in the story, were discussed during a recent livestream where it was revealed that they will be playable but won’t have power attacks or certain other abilities. Included in this number are…
- Nobuyuki Oda – Brother to Nobunaga.
- Motonobu Okabe – A retainer to the Imagawa family.
- Katsuyori Takeda – The son of Shingen Takeda and the future head of the family.
- Motoharu Kikkawa – Ally to his brother Takakage Kobayakawa.
- Terumoto Mori – Set to be the head of the Mori family.
- Dosan Saito – “The Viper of Mino.”
- Yoshitatsu Saito – Son of Dosan.
- Yoshikage Asakura – The daimyo of Echizen.
- Yoshiaki Ashikaga – The cowardly 15th Shogun of the Muromachi Shogunate.
- Fujihide Mitsubuchi – Retainer to Ashikaga.
It is also confirmed that Samurai Warriors 5 will receive post launch content including new scenarios, horses, and background music.
The game will launch for the Nintendo Switch in North America and Europe on July 27th.