As Luminous Legends X comes to an end on Monday, May 17th in Pokémon GO, that means it’ll be time for Luminous Legends Y’s time to shine! Pokémon Y’s legendary Yveltal will debut in-game for the first time, but the arrival of this Dark-type Pokémon is also summoning Team GO Rocket. According to the official Pokémon GO Blog, here’s what to expect starting Tuesday, May 18th at 10 a.m. to Monday, May 24th at 8 p.m. (your local time):
Part 1 Features
- Yveltal will make its Pokémon GO debut in five-star raids! This Dark- and Flying-type Legendary Pokémon was first discovered in the Kalos region, and when its wings and tail feathers spread wide and glow red, it absorbs the life force of living creatures. Yveltal will remain in five-star raids for the duration of the event.
- Pancham will be hatching from Strange Eggs! We’re receiving reports that the following Pokémon will also be hatching from Strange Eggs rescued from Team GO Rocket during the event and afterwards as well: Qwilfish, Larvitar, Absol, Skorupi, Sandile, Scraggy, Pawniard, Vullaby, and Deino.
- Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Keep a look out for Pokémon like Houndour, Carvanha, and more.
- Missed out on some of the Pokémon that appeared during Luminous Legends X? Well, you’re in luck—because many of them are returning! You can look out for Pokémon like Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy appearing in the wild.
- Complete Team GO Rocket–themed Timed Research before the event concludes to encounter Dark-type Pokémon like Galarian Zigzagoon.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Alolan Rattata, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Grimer, Sneasel, Poochyena, Stunky, and Purrloin.
- Dark-type Pokémon like Alolan Meowth, Yveltal, and more will be appearing in raids! For Pokémon appearing in Mega Raids, please check the May events blog.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will lead to encounters with Dark-type Pokémon, including Galarian Zigzagoon, Scraggy, and more.
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping tasks will lead to encounters with Galarian Zigzagoon!
- You can use a Charged TM to help a Shadow Pokémon forget the Charged Attack Frustration.
In addition, you can work with other Trainers to defeat Team GO Rocket Grunts—and by doing so, you can unlock rewards during the second half of the event! From Saturday, May 15, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. to Sunday, May 23, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. UTC, you can work together with other Trainers worldwide to defeat 25 million Team GO Rocket Grunts in total. If that goal is met, the following special bonuses will be available from Tuesday, May 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, May 31, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
- A 3× Catch XP bonus will be active for the rest of the event.
- If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Galarian Zigzagoon! Shiny Galarian Zigzagoon will continue to be available after the event.
- Galarian Zigzagoon will be appearing in one-star raids for the rest of the event.
From Tuesday, May 25th at 10 a.m. to Monday, May 31st at 8 p.m. (your local time), the following features will take center stage for the last half of the Luminous Legends Y.
Part 2 Features
- Sylveon will be making its Pokémon GO debut! Evolve Eevee into Sylveon by earning hearts when it’s your buddy.
- Eevee, Ralts, Spritzee, Swirlix, and others will be appearing more often in the wild, alongside some of the Dark-type Pokémon featured in Part 1 of the event.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Eevee, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Azurill, Spritzee, and Swirlix.
- Some of Eevee’s Evolutions will be appearing in three-star raids! Keep an eye out for Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and Umbreon.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will lead to encounters with Eevee, some of Eevee’s Evolutions, and more.
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping tasks will reward Poffins!
- Sylveon-inspired avatar items will be available in the shop!
These features aren’t related to the “Defeat 25 million Team GO Rocket Grunts in total” challenge taking place during Part 1, luckily. So win or lose, we have at least a massive Eeveelution party to enjoy! No matter where you are in the world, Trainers, remember to stay safe while enjoying Pokémon GO.
Leave a Comment