Initially announced at last year’s The Game Awards, Road 96 opened today’s Indie World Showcase. The procedural narrative hitchhiking game, which has 148,268 route combinations, gave us a glimpse of these different narratives in its first-ever gameplay trailer.
The country of Petria has gone to hell. The regime is out of control. Time to escape, head for the border, the free world. The last of your parents’ savings in your pocket, thousands of miles at your feet, and a small hope of crossing the border alive.
Hitchhike your way across the country in the first ever procedural narrative game. Meet memorable characters, discover secrets, learn skills, to help you cross the border to freedom.
Your choices change your adventure, change people, change the world. There are thousands of routes along Road 96. Which one will you take?
- First ever procedural story-driven game : Create your own story.
- Memorable characters, tone and setting : Funny, bizarre, and engaging characters. A beautiful landscape. A dangerous world.
- Multiple endings : The game and ending changes based on how you play.
- Award-winning INDIE team : The creative minds behind Valiant Hearts and Memories Retold.
- Evocative soundtrack FROM SEVERAL ARTISTS including Cocoon, The Toxic Avenger, Robert Parker.
To get the full picture of what’s happening in Petria, you’ll have to hit the road again and again. Choices matter here as each decision will close off potential routes. Survive your decisions and solve puzzles you encounter along the way and you might just make it past the border.
Road 96 will find its way home on Nintendo Switch this summer.
Leave a Comment