Pokémon GO players are already preparing for the many new events throughout April, with Shadow Zapdos and the Forces of Nature Pokémon set to be featured, but Niantic has now also confirmed a bunch of additional content to look out for next week.
Starting on Sunday, April 4th at 10 a.m., until Thursday, April 8th at 8 p.m. (your local time), the featured Pokémon, items, and bonuses are as follows:
- In the wild: Pikachu wearing a flower crown, Exeggcute, Marill, Plusle, Minun, Buneary, Bunnelby (including Shiny variants), and more will appear more often in the wild.
- Event variants: Chansey wearing flower crowns will appear in the wild, and Happiny wearing flower crowns will hatch from Eggs, with a chance of Shiny variants of both. Evolving one of these special Chansey will get you a Blissey wearing a flower crown.
- Team GO Rocket battles: Shadow Exeggcute will be appearing more often in battles, which can be rescued if the player successfully defeats the Rocket trainer.
- 2 km Eggs: Exeggcute, Togepi, Azurill, Buneary, Munchlax, Rufflet, and Bunnelby will hatch more commonly. You may also see special versions of Eevee, Pichu, and Happiny and wearing flower crowns.
- Mega Raids: Mega Lopunny will make its Pokémon GO debut, and “other spring-themed Pokémon” will also be appearing in Raids.
- Field Research: Completion of event-exclusive Field Research tasks will unlock encounters with Azumarill, Rufflet, and more.
New shop items, Collection Challenge, and bonuses
- Mega Lopunny–inspired avatar items will be available in the shop.
- Event-exclusive spring-themed Gift stickers will be available from PokéStops and Gifts.
- The new spring-themed Collection Challenge, which challenges players to collect featured Pokémon, will gift players a Lucky Egg, Mega Lopunny Energy, and XP upon completion.
- Bonuses include double Hatch Candy, double Lucky Egg duration (lasting for one hour), and halved Egg Hatch Distance.
Trainers should have no shortage of things to do for the foreseeable future, with the previous Pokémon GO blog entry teasing that “April will end with a snappy event that will continue into May,” with more details to come later in April.
Leave a Comment