Last week, we reported that the Pokémon Day festivities within Pokémon GO were set to continue well past the in-game Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event this weekend — running until Pokémon day on February 27th. As it turns out, Niantic had one last surprise in their item pocket, and have now announced that a special post-Pokémon Day raid event is scheduled to send the celebrations out with a bang!
This special Kanto-themed Raid Day will be on Sunday, February 28th, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (your local time). The event will see the classic Legendary birds Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres appearing in five-star raids, with a chance to encounter shiny versions of each!
The event will also feature more Team GO Rocket Special Research challenges to complete, and each player can receive a free bundle of three Remote Raid Passes in the shop from Saturday, February 27th, at 1 p.m. PT until Monday, March 1st, at 1 p.m. PT.
Here’s a full breakdown of this grand finale Raid Event from the official blog post:
- Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres will be appearing in five-star raids! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter a Shiny Articuno, Shiny Zapdos, or Shiny Moltres!
- We’re hearing reports that Giovanni will be returning with a different Shadow Legendary Pokémon in his clutches. Get ready to complete some new Team GO Rocket Special Research to save this Pokémon, Trainers!
- Pick up a free bundle of three Remote Raid Passes in the shop starting on Saturday, February 27 at 1 p.m. Pacific time to Monday, March 1 at 1 p.m. Pacific time.
- Earn up to five free Raid Passes by spinning Photo Discs at PokéStops or Gyms during event hours.
- During the event period, you can use a Charged TM to help a Shadow Pokémon forget the Charged Attack Frustration.
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will be appearing more frequently at PokéStops and in balloons throughout the event window.
Have fun out there, Trainers!
Leave a Comment