The Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event is nearly here! Its arrival, however, won’t mark the end of the festivities on Pokémon GO — far from it, in fact.
Announced via the official Pokémon GO blog, the Kantonian celebrations are set to ramp up beginning the day after the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event. This surprise second event will begin on Sunday, February 21st, at 10 a.m. and won’t stop until Pokémon Day on February 27th at 8 p.m. (your local time)!
The event will feature new Field Research tasks, as well as the appearance of a slew of Generation One Pokémon to catch, hatch, and evolve — many of which will be able to learn moves that were formerly exclusive to past Community Day events! Furthermore, some of the collection challenges from the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event will continue to be available for the duration of this second event.
Here’s a quick rundown on some of the Pokémon which will be appearing, as well as instructions on how to attain versions of the monsters that can learn the Community Day exclusive moves:
- Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Weedle, Pikachu, Geodude, Clefairy, Psyduck, Slowpoke, Gastly, Voltorb, Magikarp, and more will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
- The following Pokémon will be attracted to Incense: Caterpie, Pidgey, Spearow, Poliwag, Abra, Seel, Machop, Krabby, Exeggcute, Horsea, Goldeen, and more.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Oddish, Bellsprout, Tangela, Dratini, Pichu, Elekid, Magby, and more.
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Doduo, Magnemite, Diglett, Omanyte, Kabuto, Snorlax, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, and more.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids:
- Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Magikarp, and Dratini will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Scyther, Pinsir, Machoke, Kadabra, Haunter, Graveler, and Lapras will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo will be appearing in five-star raids.
- Some of the Collection Challenges from Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto will continue throughout the Kanto Celebration event. Head on over to the Today View to track your progress!
- Get Pokémon that know exclusive attacks from previous Community Day events! If you evolve the following Pokémon during the event, their Evolution will know an exclusive attack.
- Evolve Ivysaur (the evolved form of Bulbasaur) to get a Venusaur that knows Frenzy Plant.
- Evolve Charmeleon (the evolved form of Charmander) to get a Charizard that knows Blast Burn.
- Evolve Wartortle (the evolved form of Squirtle) to get a Blastoise that knows Hydro Cannon.
- Evolve Pichu to get a Pikachu that knows Surf.
- Evolve Eevee into any of its Evolutions to get an evolved form that knows Last Resort.
- Evolve Dragonair (the evolved form of Dratini) to get a Dragonite that knows Draco Meteor.
Have fun out there, Trainers! Remember to be aware of your surroundings and catch ‘em all responsibly!
Leave a Comment