Are you a fan of ’80s synthwave aesthetics and tales of digital worlds living within computers? If so, Studio Koba’s debut title, Narita Boy, may be right up your alley!
Narita Boy follows the adventures of the digital warrior, a human who has been sucked into a computerized world known as the Digital Kingdom and chosen to wield the Techno-Sword — a mystical blade that can change its shape from a sword into a shotgun, and even a laser beam!
With the help of the Motherboard, the spiritual leader of the Digital Kingdom, players will take on rogue programs known as the Stallions in an effort to save the technological land and its inhabitants from subjugation. Along the way, the mystery of the creator of the Digital Kingdom will come to light, revealing his early years of programming in Japan, all the way to his creation of — and connection to — the fantasy synthetic world that players find themselves in.
Here’s some more radical details about this Team17 published action platformer:
- Go back to the future: A homage to the eighties with a new spin on classic gameplay styles, Narita Boy takes players back in time for blast from the past
- You have the power!: The Techno-Sword can be used alongside mysterious magic so that players can carve and blast their way through enemies great and small.
- Might as well jump: The classic 2D platformer will see players explore imaginative landscapes and navigate a plethora of pixel art environments.
- Pixel-perfect story: Encounter weird and wonderful digitised characters on a journey to discover the secrets of the Digital Kingdom and its elusive creator
- Pump up the jam: Inspired by the glory days of analogue synthesizers, the pumping soundtrack turns back the clock for this techno-journey.”
Narita Boy will be digitizing onto Nintendo Switch this spring!
Leave a Comment