Living with roommates, cleaning the house, and taking naps doesn’t sound all that fun. Yet, what if the roommates were aliens, the house was filled with futuristic furniture, and the house was a spaceship? Now that sounds like a good time! This is the exact scenario presented in PID Publishing and Behold Studios’ local co-op strategy game, Out of Space: Couch Edition. Originally released for PC early last year, this quirky co-op game is officially coming to Nintendo Switch.
This intergalactic cohabitation game lets you and your shipmates:
- Buy and build new technologies while managing your ship’s energy usage.
- Recycle alien goo and use it to make more energy batteries, keeping your space-home running.
- Plant and harvest gardens to make sure your stomachs aren’t as empty as the cold void of space.
- Keep your home in ship-shape with mops and buckets, while containing a deadly alien menace.
- Take naps on the sofa while your friends handle the duties aboard the ship for a bit (work hard, nap hard, right?)
- Use robots to handle cleaning and harvesting. Why do it all yourself when a robot can handle it without needing a nap break?
- Adopt (and feed) dogs that will follow you around and help out whenever they can! Which, I think I can speak for the entire staff here at Nintendo Wire when I say that their adorable presence is all the help anyone needs.
You can check out the full trailer for this cosmic co-op game below – just try not to step in the alien goo!
Out of Space: Couch Edition will launch on Wednesday, November 25th, for $9.99 and pre-orders are available now on the Nintendo eShop!
Leave a Comment