The Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition launches today for PC and Nintendo Switch!
— Fangamer (@Fangamer) July 30, 2020
The announcement was made this morning at 10 a.m. PDT after a teaser page with an envelope featuring a blurred image of the Collector’s Edition went up last Thursday.
Both the Collector’s and Standard Editions will include physical copies of the game, an 18-page, full-color illustrated instruction manual, and a double-sided cover with a Joja theme on the inside.
The Stardew Valley Collector’s Edition comes loaded with bonuses and will include all of the following:
- Deluxe six-piece wooden standee made from responsibly sourced birch and cherry wood (measures 4.5 x 4 x 4 inches; some assembly required).
- Wooden lapel pin made from the same eco-friendly wood as the standee
- 14-page Junimo comic by Chihiro Sakaida, the artist of the Before the Farmer comic
- Deed to your farm featuring gold-foil details on paper made from 30% recycled straw (a byproduct of actual farming!)
- Collector’s Edition box made from sturdy, high-quality materials featuring artwork by Kari Fry, the artist behind the Stardew Valley Guidebook
- Physical copy of the game on your choice of platform with 18-page, full-color illustrated instruction manual and double-sided cover with Joja theme on the inside
- Soft polyester-nylon blend cleaning cloth designed by Chihiro Sakaida
- For a limited time: Bonus poster for preorders until August 15th (measures 10″ by 16″, folded)
Both the Collector’s and Standard Editions will have the game’s version 1.4 update on the cartridge, withfuture free updates made available to download as they’re released.
Not including taxes or shipping, the Switch Collector’s Edition is priced at $69 USD while the Switch Standard Edition is priced at $34.
This is the first time Stardew Valley will see a physical print for the Nintendo Switch in the West; a different Collector’s Edition launched in January 2019, but was never made available outside of Japan.
Stardew Valley is a simulation role-playing game in which players tend to a farm while engaging in several activities such as growing crops, caring for livestock, crafting goods, mining ore, selling produce, and socializing with the local townsfolk.
The game launched for PC in 2016 and later came to other platforms, including the Nintendo Switch eShop in 2017.
Both the Stardew Valley Collector’s and Standard Editions for Nintendo Switch are up for pre-order now; they are set to ship on November 6th, 2020.
Those interested in picking up either version on PC are in luck, too: Both the Collector’s and Standard Editions can be purchased for PC on Fangamer’s website, bundled with a “DRM-free” disc along with a Steam key.
What’re your thoughts? Will you be picking one of the physical releases up? Let us know in the comments!Leave a Comment