A Duke Nukem game you only had to wait 20 years for is not only being ported to the Nintendo Switch, but it’s also almost here! Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour was originally released in 2016 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but now the Nintendo Switch gets to take part in running out of bubblegum and saving Earth from alien baddies.
Handled by Gearbox Publishing, SONKA Games was in charge of the port and they’ve added the following features to this action pack classic:
- Nintendo Switch Specific Features – Utilize the Nintendo Switch to its fullest with optional gyroscopic aiming, HD rumble, motion controls, and local wireless multiplayer.
- All New Episode Five – Complete an all-new episode containing eight original levels created by the original designers of Duke Nukem 3D, Allen Blum III, and Richard “Levelord” Gray.
- New Music and One-liners – Episode Five has original music composed by Lee Jackson, original author of Duke Nukem’s iconic theme “Grabbag” and sound designer for Duke Nukem 3D, along with new one-liners from the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John.
- In-Game Developer Commentary – All-new behind-the-scenes original development team commentary accessible in-game.
- Optionally Remastered – Play the game using the Ken Silverman’s original 1996 graphics engine or toggle in real time to play with the original content rendered at high fidelity and enhanced frame rate using Gearbox’s “True3D” graphics engine.
Ready to play on June 23rd, you can currently pre-purchase the game on the Nintendo eShop and at a discount, too! Until July 7th, Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour will be priced at $4.99 instead of $9.99. Don’t idle too long, or Duke will be wondering if you’re waiting for Christmas.
Source: Nintendo PR
Leave a Comment