The economy-breaking glitch is back again in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Surviving updates and patches, the “duplicate any item” glitch has returned in another form. Thanks to a discovery made by Do Whatever Games on YouTube, we know how to exploit this glitch until it’s eventually patched out.
Do Whatever Games showed the process step by step in a video, and has even had some alterations to the steps, thanks to those who are experimenting with the process.
Duplication Glitch via Mailbox (active in Version 1.2.0/1.2.0a)
What you’ll need: At least 3 playable characters on your island and all have movable mailboxes. Two Joy-Con will also be needed.
1. Start sessions with Main Playable Character (MPC).
2. Mail items to Extra Character A. Do Whatever Games recommends 1 – 3 items/letters.
3. After the mail arrives (can tell by the flag notification), open the Call Resident app.
– Pick Extra Character A.
4. Follow controller prompts and change from MPC to playing Extra Character A.
5. Quickly have Extra Character A take all presents from mailed items.
6. Switch back to MPC.
7. Press -/+ button and select “Pick residents again.” option.
8. Pick Extra Character B and follow controller prompts.
9. Once connected press -/+ and select “End session.”
Compared to previous item duplication glitches, there’s some extra work involved. We don’t know how long this glitch will be active and when Nintendo will patch it out — so if it’s something you’re interested in checking out, now’s the time to do it!
Leave a Comment