If you’ve unlocked cliff construction in Animal Crossing: New Horizons you may have run into a frustrating limitation – while you can build a fourth “tier”, you can never climb up it, meaning sky-high decorating is out of reach… That is, unless you take advantage of this new glitch discovered by YouTuber StephenPlays.
The glitch has multiple steps involved:
- Open your town gates.
- Get a chair you can sit on from multiple angles (such as the Outdoor Bench) and put it half a block away from the platform you want to climb up to.
- Place a piece of furniture on the opposite side of the bench.
- Sit down on the bench and hold down A to grab the furniture item.
- Ask a friend to fly to your island while you’re in this animation. Once the notice comes up that you’ve got a visitor, your character should clip through the bench.
- Walk towards the cliff and you should warp right on top of it!
- If you want to decorate, be sure to ask your friends to leave so you can place objects.
- Once you’re done, you can use your ladder to get back down just fine, but if you want to get back up you’ll need to repeat the trick.
It’s worth noting that as this is a glitch, there’s no telling what effect it could have on your game file should Nintendo patch it out, so proceed with due caution!