Over the last few weeks, Niantic has been making changes to Pokémon GO in adjustment with current world events. While Community Day and Pokémon GO Fests have been put on hold or outright cancelled, some in-game events are still happening. Thanks to an increase in spawn rates, special 1 Poké Coin gift boxes, Egg hatching distance halved, and more, it’s easier to play during Safer At Home orders.
With that in place, this year’s spring event can happen! Announced today on Twitter, Niantic gave us a teaser of what we can expect starting Thursday, April 9th.
Ah…spring is in the air! Get ready to spring into spring with an in-game event featuring some Pokémon with exclusive flower-themed headwear! Learn more: https://t.co/QuNlK2kswV
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) April 3, 2020
Flower crowns, spring hats, new Shinies, new clothing items — it’s plenty to keep one occupied. Here are all the details from the Pokémon GO Blog:
Date + Time
From Thursday, April 9, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Thursday, April 16, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild: Exeggcute, Chansey, Mareep, Marill, and Torchic. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Exeggcute!
- Buneary wearing flower crowns and Pikachu wearing flower hats will also be appearing in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny ones, too!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching more often from 2 km Eggs: Pichu wearing a flower crown, Togepi wearing a flower crown, Happiny, Munchlax, Tyrogue, Chingling, and Riolu.
- All Eggs received from Gifts during the event will be 2 km Eggs.
- There will be event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward encounters with Alolan Exeggutor, Azumarill, and—if you’re extremely lucky—Audino!
- A Togepi-themed bag and hoodie will be available in the in-game shop!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- Lucky Eggs will last for one hour
And remember that as mentioned above, a 1/2 Hatch Distance bonus is ongoing until further notice—which means it will be applied during this event! Just make sure to place your Eggs into Incubators while the bonus is running.
If you do go outside to play Pokémon GO, please stick to social distancing guidelines and be safe!
Leave a Comment